Tennessee Western Kentucky no HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Weird. Cruising around on the official Vols forum, it seems like it's hit or miss if local stations are carrying this game in HD. Most are, and some smaller affiliates aren't, even though the smaller affiliates have HD capabilities. :| Pathetic for this day and age.

It is in HD in Atlanta on PeachtreeTV. The problem is some of the moves that have been made on channels for the new SEC TV agreements. Not all of the new channel homes for SEC TV are in HD. Hopefully this will be corrected soon! I really wish they would have written this into the SECTV carrier agreement that all channels would have HD capability.

By the way, after starting shaky, the vols are looking pretty good. Our D is the strength for sure.

Would that affect stations that have HD capability though? The Fox here has shown baseball games in HD on Saturday afternoons, and their primetime lineup has been in HD for almost 2 years. Is there specific literature that is preventing them from utilizing the HD feed?

Not familiar with Chattanooga, but if you're saying that the SECTV channel is Fox and it is actually in HD sometimes, then this is a local TV station issue and you should start calling and raising hell with them. There is no excuse if they have the capability they should be picking up the HD feed (as it is available).

according to their website, its on Fox in Chatt.

They have a My Network as a subchannel but its on Fox so it should be in HD (if other programs are on the local fox)

I live here in Birmingham Alabama.The only way you can get the game here is an off air antenna or cable.I use to be able to get WTTO 21 CW here but have lost the signal .O well I hpoe Dish will add this channel for us Birmingham folks.My friends get it threw Charter.:mad:

I sure hope these SEC TV issues are just part of the new channel learning curve and that they work it out ASAP. There is no excuse for issues as Lincoln Financial (and Jefferson Pilot before them) had worked out basically all the issues and made an HD signal available almost everywhere in the southeast.

I would continue to follow up this week until you receive a response. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say. ;)

Just because a local affiliate shows network programming in HD, doesn't mean they can show non network programming in HD. The station has to install additional equipment to show a non network HD feed.

Looking good in HD on WZDX in Huntsville, AL.

Just because a local affiliate shows network programming in HD, doesn't mean they can show non network programming in HD. The station has to install additional equipment to show a non network HD feed.

Looking good in HD on WZDX in Huntsville, AL.
It's also good in HD on WKYT in Lexington, Ky?

Wow. I can't believe they thought it would be a good idea to get the rights to the game if they would have to castrate it so badly.
Why? Do you think fans of the teams are not going to watch if it's in SD? Using today as an example, a UT fan would watch the game if it's in SD or HD. Someone who doesn't care about UT or WKU may skip over the game if it's not in HD, but that's not the stations' target audience.

It still doesn't change the fact that this is pathetic for late 2009. It's not the fact that is SD why I'm complaining, if it was like all the SD on Dish network, I wouldn't care, as it would still be perfectly legible. But Fox Chattanooga SD is extremely blurry and snowy with terrible ghosting, you can't tell any of the players apart, and the crowd looks like they are from Madden. The overall IQ is straight out of the 1960's on a 13" TV.

I also had to hear from several TN fans about how crappy my TV looked, so it's a problem for fans as well. I've left them several nasty messages, and recruited about a dozen others to leave even worse ones. :D

to show network programming in HD they grab the feed off the C-Band satellite
The game was in HD and was on satellite (not Dish/Direct but C-Band or KU Band)

so how is that different? All they had to do was pluck the HD feed from satellite and show it. I never did find a SD feed of the game on satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)