Terk TV44 work with vip622?

Okay I'm not sure what you need to make it work but here goes:

1. Use the pre cut black coaxes that came with the terk 44 and plug them into your lnb and run them to the top of the terk ota antenna that is clipped on the back of your dish. Plug them into the IN ports of the antenna.

2. Then take the sat coax that was origionally hooked to your lnb and plug them into the OUT port of the terk 44 next to the black coax you plugged into the IN port.
**once installed you need to adjust the antenna for maximum reception on all your ota stations: move it to the right or the left of the dish untill you get that sweet spot for all channels.

3. Inside your house take the coax and plug one side into the tv/sat port on the diplexor that is supplied. Then take the pre cut WHITE coaxes that come with the terk 44 and run one to the tv side and run it into a splitter( you have to buy one ) and from the splitter you run coaxes to your tv, vcr, and one to your antenna port on your 622/722 receiver. Then from the SAT side you take the white coax and run it from the SAt side to your dish pro seperator that will split your one coax into 2 and run it to your sat ports on your 622/722 receiver.

4. From the tv 2 output of your sat receiver you would need to run a seperate coax to your other tv in the other room so you can use it with another tv . As far as I can know you can not diplex the signal of the sat and the ota stations too on the same coax.

IN my case I had 3 coaxes run into my living room and 3 in my bedroom. I only use two in both rooms . One coax for my satellite /tv antenna and the other coax run from my tv 2 output on my receiver and run to the other room I want to watch tv on. You can use upto 4 runs from a terk 44 to 4 different rooms if you use dishpro seperators. I have the dish 1000.2 and have 3 runs to my house.

It is quite easy to install a terk 44 . The terk 44 antenna that clips on is a big diplexor in itself. You use the other diplexors supplied to diplex the signal back to tv and satellite. I installed my first one without any directions and just reasoned it out.

Thanks MikeD-C05. Your timing is amazing. I was literally in the middle of attempting to send an email to you directly to ask for help. I'm desperate to figure this out.

I'm fairly certain I've got all of the outside connections correct. The Terk44 is providing 100% signal strength to my my main TV via the Vip622. My issue is with TV 2 - it fluctuates between a very "snowy" picture and no picture at all.

In reading through this and other threads, I see most folks saying that to work with a Vip622, the Terk44 requires a second run of cable into the house. From what I can tell from some of your posts, you seem to be the only person who has confirmed that this can work with a Vip622 and single run of coax into the house.

Here's what I have in my living room:

Terk Inside Diplexer:
TV > TV/Antenna In on Vip622
Sat > Skywalker Diplexer

Skywalker Diplexer:
Ant > Home Distribution on Vip622
Sat > DP Plus Seperator

DP Plus Seperator:
1 > Satellite In 1
2 > Satellite In 2

What am I missing here?

Thanks so much!!

In reading through this and other threads, I see most folks saying that to work with a Vip622, the Terk44 requires a second run of cable into the house. From what I can tell from some of your posts, you seem to be the only person who has confirmed that this can work with a Vip622 and single run of coax into the house.

Be sure to re-read MikeD's post carefully because you may have misunderstood....especially #4, which indicates that he ran a separate cable from the VIP622 to his second TV...which allowed him to run the OTA signal and the dish signal together on one cable...but TV2 supposedly CAN'T also run on this cable...so he ran a second dedicated cable to TV2:

4. From the tv 2 output of your sat receiver you would need to run a seperate coax to your other tv in the other room so you can use it with another tv . As far as I can know you can not diplex the signal of the sat and the ota stations too on the same coax.

Be sure to re-read MikeD's post carefully because you may have misunderstood....especially #4, which indicates that he ran a separate cable from the VIP622 to his second TV...which allowed him to run the OTA signal and the dish signal together on one cable...but TV2 supposedly CAN'T also run on this cable...so he ran a second dedicated cable to TV2:

Exactly. You have to run a second seperate coax from your receiver to the tv in the other room you want to watch it on.

Thanks for the clarification. Now to figure out how I can get a run of cable from the downstairs living room up to the bedroom. :-(

It sure would be nice to get HD locals to so I didn't need to worry about an OTA antenna. :)

Nah - go ahead & get your OTA going now - the PQ alone is worth the effort. Then when Dish gets your local HD channels, you'll have more recording flexibility. Love being able to record 3 HD programs at once.

Nah - go ahead & get your OTA going now - the PQ alone is worth the effort. Then when Dish gets your local HD channels, you'll have more recording flexibility. Love being able to record 3 HD programs at once.

Yes its great having the 3 hd channels recording at the same time. I can do this on all three of my dvrs ,two 622s and a 722, using my terk 44 and subscribing to Hd locals from Houston. :D

MLB Extra Inings 2008

622 ignores added time to record other show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)