termination caps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rspainhower

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2005
If I have my signal split after the receiver to addition wall plates should I use these termination end caps? Will they help the signal on the plate that I am using?

You may not notice any signal improvements with your eyes, but my experience is to always cap unused ends, where ever they might be; inside, on a CATV splitter, wall plate, or at the dish. As I read it a while back:

The 75-Ohm termination cap provides proper termination for unused F-Type splitter ports and Wall Outlet connectors. The termination cap
is used to maintain 75-Ohm impedance on unused outlets, CATV splitters, and
other equipment. The termination cap simply screws onto an F-Type connector
that is not in use. Without proper termination, unused ports and cables can
adversely affect signal quality and level. This problem is of particular importance
with digital CATV, Satellite and HDTV signals, and is frequently a source for
catastrophic system failures.

charper1 said:
You may not notice any signal improvements with your eyes, but my experience is to always cap unused ends, where ever they might be; inside, on the switch, or at the dish. As I read it a while back:

The 75-Ohm termination cap provides proper termination for unused F-Type switch ports and Wall Outlet connectors. The termination cap
is used to maintain 75-Ohm impedance on unused outlets, CATV splitters, and
other equipment. The termination cap simply screws onto an F-Type connector
that is not in use. Without proper termination, unused ports and cables can
adversely affect signal quality and level. This problem is of particular importance
with digital CATV, Satellite and HDTV signals, and is frequently a source for
catastrophic system failures.

Don't put terminators on the trunking ports of a swtich. I can speak from experience of a friend who has dish and HAD a DP34.... The terminators quite literally fused to the threads from the heat. He couldn't touch them to remove them so he had to use some pliers and the metal terminators were so pliable, their thread groove just mashed into nothing.

I read somewhere on here about that of course after this happened cause I wanted to see if anyone else had seen this.

Correct! The ONLY end caps that should be used on E* (and probably D*) equipment is plastic weather protectors - the ones that come with the switches.

If you do use the screw on terminators, take a pair of needle nose pliers and twist off the resistors.

The Dish Network supplied plastic caps do not seal very well against the weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts