Test my ftp please

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Moth answer got someone a Million bucks on Who Wants to be a Millionaire... I remember so vividly cause it took him 15minutes to answer and the whole time I'm yelling "MOTH!! IT'S MOTH!!! JUST SAY MOTH!!"

Ahh Game show network.

I can't add much to the old computer thread... i first learned with Dos on a 286... which i accidentally deleted.

well between last night and today my P4 mobo toasted itself. A couple of the power caps are slightly bulging on top. *Sigh* Its always sumptin.

Good thing I still have the laptop hooked to the wireless network.

Now I just have to find an ECS p4s5a to replace it. Otherwise WinXP throws a fit seeing a different chipset and I don't feel like wiping my HD this week.

Gotta go make 2 more housecalls for sick PC's so....

L8rz

My first computer was a TI-99/4A

Then an 8088,

386-25
486 DX2/66
Pentium-166
AMD-K62-350
P3-500 - fried after 5 months thanks to a peltier cooler condensing on the CPU

P3-633 (I think)
Then an AMD Thunderbird 800 O/C to 1GHz
then my current P4-1.7

I havent gone out and bought new systems.. i bought one back in '99. (Generic Cyrex 333Mhz piece of junk) and whenever something broke, I upgraded it. By the time I finished paying for it, the only original piece left was the floppy drive and maybe a few screws.

333Mhz cyrex to 800MHz Athlon Slot A to an Athlon 1600 now.

It's on it's 5th board, 3rd case, 2nd monitor, 3rd processor, 6th keyboard, 2nd CDRom, 4th harddrive.. 3 power supplies... in 5 years.

It was kinda funny, I spent about the same amount on my computer as I spent on my car at the time... once I got rid of the car, the computer stopped breaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)