Testing switches

Sapient

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 14, 2004
My 522 is telling me to test my switches about once per day, and I can't use one of my tuners until the test is done. But the tests always show everything is fine, and the tuner comes right back.

So what are the switches? Where are they located? Is there really something wrong with mine? I don't want to send anyone up on my roof right now, as it is steep and the weather has left a lot of ice up there. Will this problem keep getting worse?

If you have a Dish500 then the switch is built into the lnbf's which are located on the end of the dish. If you have a SuperDish then the switch is probably located somewhere close to the dish (where you see a lot of wires connected at outside to a box). It would say DP-34. Sometimes its not located close to the dish but most of the time it is (sometimes located in/under the house instead) .

"Dish500" does NOT in and of itself signify anything about the switches or type of LNBF.

All "Dish500" means is a 20" oval dish capable of receiving 2 satellites spaced 9 degrees apart.

If the customer just got DHA then it would have the switch built into the Dish500, if not then it could be a legacy Dish500 if it does not indicate DP (DISHPRO) on the outside of the lnbf.

My point is that it's the DISH PAN and mounting arm that defines "Dish 500".

There is NEVER a switch built into a "Dish 500".

A "Dish 500" has NO electronics.

The idea is to hopefully educate posters so that they take the time to figure out what LNBFs they have BEFORE posting - thereby saving everyone a bunch of time. :)

Now, that being said (again), the current standard Dish 500 setup includes a DP Twin. That will likely change to a DPPlus Twin before too many more months go by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)