Testing the new Titanium C138 Performance Plus C Band LNBF

Without looking at a spectrum display and knowing what frequencies the interference is on, there really isn't an answer if the current C138/C238 3800-4200MHz BPF (Band Pass Filter) is good for YOUR area. Some areas do not have high band N78 band and other areas do. You might get by with the 3800-4200 BPF in the current C138 / C238 or if the carriers in your area are transmitting in the 3800-3980MHz range, you would need a narrower 4000-4200MHZ BPF.

The C140 / C240 LNBFs with 4000-4200 BPF will be arriving in March.

Without looking at a spectrum display and knowing what frequencies the interference is on, there really isn't an answer if the current C138/C238 3800-4200MHz BPF (Band Pass Filter) is good for YOUR area. Some areas do not have high band N78 band and other areas do. You might get by with the 3800-4200 BPF in the current C138 / C238 or if the carriers in your area are transmitting in the 3800-3980MHz range, you would need a narrower 4000-4200MHZ BPF.

Question Titanium why did Uncle Charlie say, on their web site, they have a filter of 5MHz that will protection any 5g interference from 4000-4200MHZ?

Thanks for the reply. This is not a constant interference just pops up unexpectedly. I haven't been able to be set up with my spectrum analyzer to look at it, strangely I used to have similar problems on 105 KU and COZI but has done fine on 99. I'm not sure on what bands are being used here. I'm located in SW Va near the NC line and the closest site would be on York Ridge and next closest would be Phoenix Mtn in Ashe County NC. Both sites are not LOS from here and are shielded bu various ridges around close. It happens on 101 as just saw during Adam 12 How is the best way to determine who is transmitting on what?

Wt

How is the best way to determine who is transmitting on what?
Highly unlikely to be cell phones usage of the N77 low or high bands (3700 - 3980MHz) as these bands are primarily used for the 5G home Internet type services or micro nodes (smaller neighborhood coverage). We know which providers have licenses to use specific bands, but I don't know of any databases of what bands are currently in use in your region. Depending on the band pass range of the LNB or LNBF that you currently are using, the interference may be coming from other devices and frequencies and not at all associated with 5G. Wide Area WiFi is often licensed on frequencies around 3500 and 3650 MHz. Other RF licensed and unlicensed signals are in operation between 3400 and 3700 MHz.

The best way to identify the interfering signals is to use your current LNB(f) aimed at the problematic satellite and monitor the IF of the entire BPF. Example: If you have a LNB(f) with 3400-4200 MHz range, insert a 2 port 3GHz splitter with 1 port power passing connected to your STB and the other power blocked port connected to the spectrum analyzer. Set the SA range to sweep 950-2150 MHz and watch for signals popping up that correlate with the timing of the interference. Be sure to change the STB polarity during the testing, as interference may be stronger on one polarity and attenuated on the other.

BTW, there is no 5G band that would interfere with your KU FTA system, but there are many other terrestrial and low orbit satellite services that potentially could interfere with KU band.

Highly unlikely to be cell phones usage of the N77 low or high bands (3700 - 3980MHz) as these bands are primarily used for the 5G home Internet type services or micro nodes (smaller neighborhood coverage). We know which providers have licenses to use specific bands, but I don't know of any databases of what bands are currently in use in your region. Depending on the band pass range of the LNB or LNBF that you currently are using, the interference may be coming from other devices and frequencies and not at all associated with 5G. Wide Area WiFi is often licensed on frequencies around 3500 and 3650 MHz. Other RF licensed and unlicensed signals are in operation between 3400 and 3700 MHz.

The best way to identify the interfering signals is to use your current LNB(f) aimed at the problematic satellite and monitor the IF of the entire BPF. Example: If you have a LNB(f) with 3400-4200 MHz range, insert a 2 port 3GHz splitter with 1 port power passing connected to your STB and the other power blocked port connected to the spectrum analyzer. Set the SA range to sweep 950-2150 MHz and watch for signals popping up that correlate with the timing of the interference. Be sure to change the STB polarity during the testing, as interference may be stronger on one polarity and attenuated on the other.

BTW, there is no 5G band that would interfere with your KU FTA system, but there are many other terrestrial and low orbit satellite services that potentially could interfere with KU band.

I will get set up for some testing as I have everything on the list. I'm still using the C1PLL C Band LNB as I've never had any troubles till last year. The problem comes and goes within a second most times making it hard to track down. Guess I could blame it on Starlink LOL I'm unsure what was going on with 103 KU I switched dish locations and dishes and have had no troubles that I know of there since the switch. I'm in a rural area where cell coverage is close to impossible so I was really not expecting 5G troubles and if I did they should last longer than this problem does. I wonder if there is an adjacent carrier on a sat on either side of 101 that might be firing up strong. I really should upgrade to the 138 model with filtering as it shouldn't hurt anything now that most carriers have relocated within the passband of this model. Thanks for the reply and expect an order as soon as payday arrives :)

WT

Why not wait till next month for what we hope is the Final Solution ?
It will likely be next month before I get ready to make the switch anyway. I don't know if we'll ever see a true end to this 5G situation. The carriers are gonna be pulling ticks out of their bags until they have ran it in the ground :) It all revolves around mobile data anyway. I don't think 5G will benefit voice communications at all but that's just my opinion LOL

It will likely be next month before I get ready to make the switch anyway. I don't know if we'll ever see a true end to this 5G situation. The carriers are gonna be pulling ticks out of their bags until they have ran it in the ground :) It all revolves around mobile data anyway. I don't think 5G will benefit voice communications at all but that's just my opinion LOL
5G is more about streaming and internet services.

Reactions: Bassplayer 1964
Today I switched the feed on my 10' dish from L-Band (GOES-18 weather satellite) to C-Band.

Now I am getting a few transponders above 4100 MHz and not much else.

So I spent most of the day trying to fine tune the dish aim. Rechecked the focal distance and the skew. It all was good.

.. In early February we had a severe wind storm - 60 to 70 MPH. It was so strong that it spun my 10' dish 3 full revolutions (I could tell because the cable was wound around the pole). Fortunately I had enough slack in the cable and it didn't seem to hurt anything. Tomorrow I am going to check and see if the dish is warped using the strings method.

Last edited:
Our dish for 99W C band was spun during some bad winds a short time back. Fortunately it only moved about 30 degrees east and I was able to quickly repoint it. That wind also tore off a piece of our ridge vent, bent our antenna mast in half and dropped a large pine tree across the road in front of our house. Considering the damage to everything else the C band dish was lucky!
:)

Reactions: madmadworld
Our dish for 99W C band was spun during some bad winds a short time back. Fortunately it only moved about 30 degrees east and I was able to quickly repoint it. That wind also tore off a piece of our ridge vent, bent our antenna mast in half and dropped a large pine tree across the road in front of our house. Considering the damage to everything else the C band dish was lucky!
:)
Glad your dish didn't get damaged. I am wondering if its better to leave the dish slightly loose on the pole so that if high winds come again, it will let the dish move and lessen the force on the dish. Rather have it spin than get bent!

During our early Feb. 4th windstorm there were thousands of trees down. 3 people in the Sacramento area were killed by falling trees. The same storm also blew my scanner antenna off of my roof. My Birdview also spun and today I am going to get it back to its previous location. I marked it, but the sun and heat removed all traces of my mark!

As for the Unimesh -- it is not bent. I suspect the problem is 5G, which would explain why I am only getting transponders in the 4100's.

Reactions: FTA4PA