Testing Wal-Mart Service Center Staff - Long

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark_AR

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
North Arkansas
I was bored Monday afternoon and after a second time that I turned the ignition key and just heard a click and everything went dead, I decided to Take my car to Wally-Mart to have my electrical system checked.

I had purchased a battery there almost 6 months ago and have only recently had the -click- then dead problem.

Naturally I figured it was a loose connection. So I wiggled the battery cable and the hood light came back on. Tried again... -Click- I wiggled it a little more and this time my car started.

Took it to the Service dept where they took my keys and announced there were 4 tire jobs ahead of me. OK. No Prob.

60 Minutes passed and I was tired of waiting, so I went back to the desk. They were finished with my car. Battery and Alternator checks out fine. OK. Now what about my no start -click- problem? Away went my keys again.

ANother 30 minutes.... THe Manager waived me to his desk. Sir, we replaced the battery with a new one and it still -clicks-. You have a bad starter or wiring problem.

Oh really? I acted astonished. The manager informed me that they were putting my old *new* battery back in my car. I agreed.

I watched intently through the window like a puppy awaiting his masters return as they slid my battery back in place and tightened the terminal clamps. A young kid got in and went to start the car. *click* and the hood light went out. (right on cue)

By this time the service manager and three 'techs' had gathered around when one enterprising young man grabbed a wrench and took apart the cheezy replacement cable end that *Wal-Mart* had put on there when they replaced my battery. He put it back together and the car started like a champ.

I grinned intently. The 'kid' that brought my keys to the service desk was not the one who discovered my problem. I persisted in seeing the 'one' who found my problem. I had some money for him.

As I left the Service department, I made sure that everyone heard that it took a service manager and 3 techs a total of 2 hours to tighten my battery connection.

I gave the guy 3 bucks. (I wanted to give him 5, but the service manager wouldn't open the drawer and break my $20)

I could have fixed it myself in less than one minute, but hey. It's not always about the time or the money. It was a learning experience for them. Next time they get an intermittent no-start, I bet the FIRST thing they check is the battery terminal ends.

Being formerly ASE Certified, the first thing you do it pull the headlights on and try to start the vehicle.

Dim lights, No lights, No Start - Battery or cable.
Bright Lights , No Start - Starter or starter switch circuit.

The only exception to the above is a 95 Dodge Dakota. It seems that they put a fuse for the AC and starter relay on the same circuit. If you happen to blow the AC fuse, you can't start your truck.

Garfield isn't the only one that hates Mondays. Just ask at Walmart Store #2 Service Dept. :D

That story rings oh so true to me, as I also dislike the customer service at my local Walmart.

I had the Flu, but that did not detour me from driving down to my local wallmart to pick up the latest Uncut 2-DVD release of DBGT.

Since they had them behind plexiglass, I flagged down of of the employees to open the case for me.
He was a middle-aged man, about 5' 6", and nearly 200lbs.

I must admit, it took a little time to direct him to the right DVDs, as my voice was raspy from all of the coughing the Flu had me doing, and I had a kleenex over my noze to try and stop my red, runny nose.

Once he picked out the right DVDs, he proceeded to chide me for buying what he described as "Kid's Cartoons", asking if i was sure that I wanted them.
I'm 27 years old, and the DVDs are rated PG, but that's beside the point.

So, I walked over to the sporting goods section and picked out a nice steel bat and.. Just kidding!

What I really did was to walk up to the front of the store to the money podium, or whatever they call it, and asked to speak to the manager.
I was in luck because the woman at the podium was the asst manager.
Oh, but It gets even better!
She was a grandmother!
Not only did I get the DVDs, but that guy was fired by a grandmother.
:D
A week or so after the incident, that walmart remodled it's electronics section to the more standard "only-games-behind-plexiglass" layout.
:rolleyes:

joethedude said:
What I really did was to walk up to the front of the store to the money podium, or whatever they call it, and asked to speak to the manager.
I was in luck because the woman at the podium was the asst manager.
Oh, but It gets even better!
She was a grandmother!
Not only did I get the DVDs, but that guy was fired by a grandmother.
:D
A week or so after the incident, that walmart remodled it's electronics section to the more standard "only-games-behind-plexiglass" layout.
:rolleyes:

Hmmm thats sound alittle harsh to me, I dont think that was a reason to get some poor guy fired. I know when I dont feel well I get irritated very easily over somethings but I wasn't there so I dont know how the employee really acted. You probably shouldn't have been in there anyways because you had the bug and could pass it around.

My bad!
I forgot to mention that he was using "baby-speak" as he was chiding me.
He was also waving the DVDs over his head as if he was playing keep-away!
:eek:

In hindsight, I think that he was probably mentally ill or retarded...

You are right; next time I'm ill, I'm staying indoors.

Edit: Had I not been ill, I would have probably recognised he was mentally chalanged (if that was the case, my memory is still a little foggy) and let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)