Texting

Texting is stupid. I have 1500 minutes and unlimited text shared on two phones. I usually send or receive less than 20 text a month and use about 1000 to 1200 minutes per month on two phones. My friends 15 yr old daughter made about 100 minutes of calls but had sent and received 2500 text messages in one month, that is retarded!!!

Some people pay $$ amount per month for a given amount of minutes and then X more to basically write what could be said. And to put more fuel on the fire, some texting is done with a cheap version of short hand writing, WTF?

IF YOU HAVE A PHONE, USE IT TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, NOT TO SEND OR RECEIVE TEXT!!!

I have an idea, why not make a device that has a qwerty keyboard and a screen. It will only be able to send and receive text. The device will not have a speaker, microphone, internet, apps, camera or video. Sell it for $150. Then charge $45 a month for unlimited text. How many people would buy and use such a device? I KNOW, my friend, he would get one for his 15 yr old!!!!

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

This is a joke right? Or are you an idiot? You say use your phone for calls yet you post here from your phone?

I am not a big fan of texting. But, they are useful in many situations. They have the huge advantage of sending information without getting tied up on the phone. It is faster to send a text and not worry about it than to call and get tied up on the phone. Or, if you know they are busy with something send a message without bothering them with a phone call.

Many texts result in phone calls back, but at least you get to call back at a time of your choosing instead of right then when you might be tied up (especially during working hours).

Before the availability of unlimited cell phone plans texting was the only way to control a teenager's cell bill. Have them type back and forth all day/night instead of them just having the phone off the hook and halfway talking while doing other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts