Thai TV on 97 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Many satellite parts stores are selling adjustable or 4 deg offset lnbf holders which make it easy with one of these and a switch to get both sats at once. Even seen a dual head 4^ offset lnbf advertised on NAT but I didn't see the price. The dual head lnb would probably have a built in switch.

sure, satellite stores sell these 4 degree offset lnbf holders to view both satellites. been selling them for years, but the still outstanding question is will these satellite thai/lao channels be free or do you have to pay for them. also still have to find out what receivers we can use. hope they make a final decision by the first of jan 2011. it seems like thai satellite installers do not know what they are going to do in the future. they are caught in the middle of this problem. cost will be the deciding factor.

sloopysman said:
Many satellite parts stores are selling adjustable or 4 deg offset lnbf holders which make it easy with one of these and a switch to get both sats at once. Even seen a dual head 4^ offset lnbf advertised on NAT but I didn't see the price. The dual head lnb would probably have a built in switch.

A big difference in the performance between a GEOSATpro two satellite system with matching dish and dual LNBF bracket that was specifically designed for 4 degree reception and the monoblocks that you mention.

Monoblock LNBFs (dual head) do not work well in North America for the FSS satellite signals for two reasons.
1. A monoblock is generically designed and not for a specific manufacturer's dish design. The signals from the two satellites do not converge in the exact sweet point and with the two fixed feed horns of an LNBF. It is difficult or impossible (as our extensive multiple year testing and several SatelliteGuys members have reported) to receive two satellites due to the varying separation angles between the two satellites at different downlink locations.
2. Monoblocks not have the ability to be adjusted to optimize dual satellite reception with independent skew or focal distance variation. While monoblocks are often used in small geographic regions such as Western Europe, they are proven not to provide adequate reception throughout the large North American continent.

Adjustable LNBF clamps often will not allow the two LNBFs to be mounted close enough for reception of satellites spaced 4 degrees apart. Either the clamp design or the size of the feedhorns are too large and keeps the LNBFs spaced too far apart. Many designs only permit separations of 5 degrees or more.

Hope that this information is helpful for those considering receiving 97w and 101w on a single dish.

Interesting that the receiver advertised on the TV POOL site does not support CAS (subscription cards). One would wonder how they will authorize subscriptions in three months?????

sure, satellite stores sell these 4 degree offset lnbf holders to view both satellites. been selling them for years, but the still outstanding question is will these satellite thai/lao channels be free or do you have to pay for them. also still have to find out what receivers we can use. hope they make a final decision by the first of jan 2011. it seems like thai satellite installers do not know what they are going to do in the future. they are caught in the middle of this problem. cost will be the deciding factor.

Agreed. The Thai guy here who does that service has said he has no clue either what will happen and when. He has moved a couple but stations not the best. So we will wait.

The satellite box they are going to be using is the ADTH ST5202 which uses the standard smart card reader. They will also have the ADTH IP8950 which will be used to get premium stuff over the internet, no card needed.

sloopysman said:
The satellite box they are going to be using is the ADTH ST5202 which uses the standard smart card reader. They will also have the ADTH IP8950 which will be used to get premium stuff over the internet, no card needed.

Updated the site! Solid choice for a receiver.

There will be 50+ channels on TV Pool when their new satellite box system is in use. The annual membership fee is $150.00. They will begin to sell the membership on Jan 1, 2011.

The old satellite box can use to get 10+ channels from TV Pool until Dec 31, 2010.

I hope we can try all the 50 channels for free before the free trial period ended.

has anyone received recent and reliable information on the two satellites that thai broadcasts will be on? 97 and 101 degrees.

heard rumor that there will be two different thai companies involved, one for each satellite, but with different programing.

I can confirm that there are two companies involved with separate programming line-ups and channels to be on both SES1 (101w) and Galaxy19 (97w).

tnxs for the info. please keep us posted if you hear additional info, since this is starting to look like a dishnetwork vs directv
purchase problem.

It looks to me like NAT will be taking over all the channels previously worked by IPTV plus adding more. Since they won the lawsuit against IPTV and see a chance to make a buck why not. They have already added a NAT drama channel and say soon they will have all the old soaps and stuff the wifeys like. I think eventually it will be a pay service and some of the commercials say they will have hundreds of offerings. If this is true it would be a good idea to leave the dish pointed where it is. Several rescans may be necessary as channels are added or for the people who don't know how to rescan they will have to buy a new box or pay a tech.

Last edited:
Thanks again. Still got it pointed at the old location. Nat channel? Is that the one on 6 which we already have? Being a drama channel, should I rescan now to get it? What number are you showing it on? Thanks.

NAT is one of the FTA channels already on the old satellite. NAT drama was added where the old IPTV channel Hitz and Health was. I don't know what position it was on since every time they make a change I rearrange the channels for wifey so they stay together at the low end of the choices. Easy to rearrange channels on ADTH box under menu-installation. You shouldn't have to do any rescan to get NAT Drama, just go to IPTV Hitz and Health channel.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts