Thank You, Dish Network!

drsiebling

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Okay, so there is an awful lot of complaining around here (and rightly so!) about the LACK of HD programming on E*. Well, I for one want to say thank you to these guys for listening to our complaints and getting these Voom Channels up and running. Good for them, good for us and more to come!

We are moving in the right direction now and for the first time since I subscribed to E*, I feel like I made the correct choice!

So, thanks for the HD! I appreciate it and I hope more of you do as well!

drsiebling said:
Okay, so there is an awful lot of complaining around here (and rightly so!) about the LACK of HD programming on E*. Well, I for one want to say thank you to these guys for listening to our complaints and getting these Voom Channels up and running. Good for them, good for us and more to come!

We are moving in the right direction now and for the first time since I subscribed to E*, I feel like I made the correct choice!

So, thanks for the HD! I appreciate it and I hope more of you do as well!

Well good for you!!! :smug There are many of us that CANNOT get the new Voom HD channels (even though we currently subscribe to the HD pak) for various reasons. Mine is that I have too many trees blocking LOS. I may drop HD all together (and I just bought my second HDTV for my bedroom) since Dish cannot provide upgrades to programming for the average subscriber.

They will go back and forth with being the HD leader (among other things) is what I predict. Dish will be in the lead, then DirecTv, then Dish Network again.

There will always be people that will complain. You can't please everyone. It is always good to have the option to have extra channels to purchase even if it costs more. Better to have that option than not to have it. The customer then can decide whether it is for them or not.

Yes, I'd have to say thank you to Dish as well, GOOD JOB. I am glad that they are moving in the right direction.

Just think about the last Charlie Chat and how Charlie didn't act excited about any new HD, it makes it all the more better!

Thanks Charlie, now if you could get rid of the buggy equipment you'd be the best!

It is kind of hard to say thank you Dish for carrying the Voom HD when they want to stick you with a $100 fee for a second dish. I loved the Voom HD channels but for what Dish is doing? Is questionable. They will not and cannot use your Voom dish instead of charging the $100. If you was on Dish before, they make you sign for two years instead of one, that's for "new customers" and make you pay half the price of the HD programming for the first 6 months instead of free, that's for "new customers". I will at least say no thanks for the corn cob.

I'll say thanks for the new channels as well (at least as soon as my new 61.5 dish is installed)...now if you would just let existing subs lease the 942...you'd get another thanks!

bigthrust said:
Well good for you!!! :smug There are many of us that CANNOT get the new Voom HD channels (even though we currently subscribe to the HD pak) for various reasons. Mine is that I have too many trees blocking LOS. I may drop HD all together (and I just bought my second HDTV for my bedroom) since Dish cannot provide upgrades to programming for the average subscriber.

Yes... it IS good for me. I understand your frustration, but being an ass to a total stranger who is simply trying to be greatful for having more HD content is pretty pathetic.

Or you could just trim some trees. That hardly seems to be E*'s fault.

Give it time. E* just landed on Normandy Beach and you're complaining that Paris isn't free yet. They've established that 61.5 WILL be used for more HD and that they will be offering V* channels and basically rescued Charlie Dolan's vision from the grave. V* failed as a distributor, but may yet prosper as a programmer. E* should wind up signing more V* viewers in a month than the original V* did in 18 months.

148 is rumored to be coming online soon, so have a little patience. The bird is already at 61.5 so that was the easiest place to start.

E* has had the most buzz in years due to this. With D*'s satellite launch last week, they steal their thunder and pass them to #1 in number of HD channels available.

I understand your frustration, but the trend just took a 180 degree turn for the better in the last week.....

NightRyder said:
Didn't you, or is that just a phantom posting all over the E* forums? ;) :p

NightRyder
I left Dish at home, but am still responsible for a 9 receiver modulated commercial account at work.

And, I intend to return to Dish programming through SBC after they release the Media Portal, unless I'm amazingly happy with Comcast's HD DVR and programming.

GaryPen said:
I left Dish at home, but am still responsible for a 9 receiver modulated commercial account at work.

And, I intend to return to Dish programming through SBC after they release the Media Portal, unless I'm amazingly happy with Comcast's HD DVR and programming.

It's not going to take you as long to return as it did to leave is it? Tick....tick...tick ;) :D

Grass < :confused: > Grass

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)