That-SprintTMobile-Merger-Not-Happening

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
That Sprint/T-Mobile Merger? Not Happening. - 'Sources' and analysts think acquisition unlikely... - dslreports.com

Earlier this week UK paper the Telegraph floated a rumor that Deutsche Telekom was hiring advisers to make a play at Sprint. Apparently, the plan was to acquire the company, then somehow painfully integrate T-Mobile and Sprint's vastly different network architectures to create a bigger, stronger, super carrier. If anyone was excited about that (and Sprint users probably weren't, since the carrier finally seems to be improving) -- you can apparently forget about it. According to Reuters, multiple sources seem to believe the deal isn't happening. Sprint certainly briefly benefited from the re-hashing of the eighteen-month old rumor, which drove the company's stock up ten percent on Monday.

Well I really enjoy my Everything Data Family 1500 with free incoming minutes and any mobile any time for around $135.00 a month(4 lines and that price is with my 25% work discount, original $180.00 a month + taxes and goodies)

a similar plan at t-mobile would cost me around $240 a month...

I am happy with sprint and I hope they keep going up this hill

I'm happy, my samsung m520 slider died and I got a samsung instinct s30 in exchange the other day

its nothing close to the iphone due to lack of features, But it gives me everything, a full keyboard(virtual DO'H),GPS,Email,instant messaging,a ton of useless alarms(lol),a good web browser and opera mini preloaded on it

sprint is really becoming the best choice these days due to the tough economy
I was thinking of switching to t-mobile but the any mobile any time add on kept me in my seat(atleast until 2011) plus look at the people who still have SERO plans and dont budge for an iphone because it would be an even more expensive monthly service

:hungry:GO SPRINT:hungry:
Adios for now AT&T....Maybe the iphone 20g will be out by 2011 and I'll check you out :D

I thought the merger sounded ill advised. A GSM system absorbing a CDMA system. Almost as bad an idea as a CDMA system absorbing an iDEN system. ;) T-Mobile I think is the fastest growing. They're small, but they're adding a lot of subs, while Sprint is losing them.

Someone will likely buy Sprint, or chunks of their assets. I just don't think they'll be around for the long term. Probably drop to just 2 or 3 national cell systems.

I just hope that if they do buy sprint they atleast honor current sub plans...2 months ago I was thinking of going to AT&T with an iphone or to t-mobile with the mytouch 3g, turns out their prices are just too high and they should offer bundle plans like sprint does(Everything Data,Simply Everything etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)