That time of year again.

SimpleSimon

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 29, 2004
Florissant, CO
Time for the semi-annual triple-check your timers dance.

As most of you are aware, E* hasn't been able to figure out how to deal with daylight savings time issues, even after all these years. Timers are often an hour off.

HOWEVER, my 921 is now showing me "(std)" on all times after the fall-back. This is new to me - dare we believe that E* has gotten it figured out?

Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. It begins again 2 months earlier next year. I recently moved to Arizona where DST is not observed. I think my box will be fine..

mikew said:
Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. It begins again 2 months earlier next year. I recently moved to Arizona where DST is not observed. I think my box will be fine..

New law starts in 2007, I believe

mikew said:

Actually, three weeks earlier and ends one week later in 2007.... Actually, an Agency is to study the savings/benefits and report back to Congress by next year at which time Congress has reserved the right to rescind the change.

Bonus Question. Anyone remember the "year" that DST lasted eighteen months?

Great, now the timers will probably be wrong for me on my new 942, because I live in Arizona.

With the 7100, I always had to adjust for DST. With the 508, it was always fine.

Wait, shouldn't name based recording take care of that? Never mind...

M Sparks said:
Great, now the timers will probably be wrong for me on my new 942, because I live in Arizona.

Actually, AZ and IN should fall in line with the other 48 States. :D

We'll see if they get it right THIS time. Basically, DON'T trust any new timers you make THIS week for next week's shows (whether they are one time or repeating).

If you have repeating timers set before this week, you should be OK. It's only the new ones you set this week which may be the problem.

My NBC-W timer of Saturday Night Live usually gets screwed up, but that's about it when I stick to these rules....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)