The $5 No Phone Connect Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not many DSL modems have a built in passthru filter.

However, you can avoid filters altogether. If you want to run a CAT3 run from the NID just for DSL (or have a direct run for the DSL modem), it's always a good idea to get an outdoor DSL filter like:

DSL POTS Filter/splitter Indoor/Outdoor Whole House - eBay (item 350030880301 end time Mar-05-08 18:15:55 PST)

I installed one on the side of my house and it made a good deal of difference since I'm pretty far on the loop distance. It stops the DSL signal outside (instead of coming through all the house) and brings it right into the modem only. That way you don't need the external filters.

It all depends on peoples threshold for pain.. I had good access in my walls and downstairs in the basement at the entrance. :)

It is a phone line fee, it's a fee if you don't have the phone line connected (and/or broadband connected in the case of the 622/722 or 211). It's a requirement for dual tuner boxes.

Additional receivers have their own separate fee. You can be charged for both an additional receiver AND a phone fee. :)

Reallyniceguy is correct, the fee is an "Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee" you pay one per INDEPENDANT TV that is connected. so if i have 4 TVS connected through 2 Dual Tuner receivers i will pay 3 of those fees. if i connect a phone line to one or both of those receivers i will receive a discount.

as for the second part of your statement you could not be more wrong. if you have TWO 311(Single Tuner) receivers you will be charged 1(ONE) Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee in addition to your normal services regardless of having a phone connection or not.

I've had no phone connected to receiver since Christmas when I discovered that it was messing up my dsl connection. I have not been charged the $5 fee (knock on wood). Do they still charge this fee? I will be looking to get a wireless phone jack if they start to charge me. By the way, first post here, frequent lurker. Love the forums.

I have a 722 DVR rec. & all you have to do is get a DSL filter plug and connect the ph. line to it 1st. That keeps both your DSL & your rec. happy. I think Radio Shack sells the DSL filter plugs. Hope this helps.

Not many DSL modems have a built in passthru filter. :)
No But most all DSL modems that are supplied Directly through the Phone company come with DSL Filters for your home phone, since Verizon for one knows you phone service will not work properly without them. 4 filters came with my modem.

Reallyniceguy is correct, the fee is an "Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee" you pay one per INDEPENDANT TV that is connected. so if i have 4 TVS connected through 2 Dual Tuner receivers i will pay 3 of those fees. if i connect a phone line to one or both of those receivers i will receive a discount.

as for the second part of your statement you could not be more wrong. if you have TWO 311(Single Tuner) receivers you will be charged 1(ONE) Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee in addition to your normal services regardless of having a phone connection or not.

You must be a dish CSR since you like to confuse all the fees. He was right on in that its a phone line fee as he said it only applies to dual tuners. Any receiver past the first will get charged an additional receiver fee. After that it depends on the phone/ethernet connection.

Dual tuner not plugged into phone = fee
Dual tuner plugged in = no fee
=== Phone line fee

Last time I checked a 311 was not a dual tuner so having 2 of them is one additional receiver fee.

If you have the 622/722 and don't have a phone line but have DSL, then plug the DSL into the ethernet port... it will use that to dial out... but DSL filters are for sure a must with everything!

I didn't think this could be so confusing.
I have 4 tuners in my home, a DP322 and a VIP222.
I pay an extra $5.00 for "addl receiver access fee".
Without a phone line connection to the STB's, there would be an extra fee attached to my bill.
Whatever you want to "name" the extra fee is moot, IMO, but equates to a "no phone line connected fee".

The fee is because its a Dual Tuner. Mainly because sometime people like to use 1 622 and split the service with a friend or the guy next door. Being plugged into a phone line lets them know where the receiver is at all times.

Hemi 6.1, I don't really understand E*s thinking on the matter. I could certainly sell my TV2 output to my neighbor with the phone line connected. If they really wanted to completely stamp out acct stacking, seems like they would have a "zero tolerance" phone line connect policy on everyone with more than one receiver. Just my .02

Hemi 6.1, I don't really understand E*s thinking on the matter. I could certainly sell my TV2 output to my neighbor with the phone line connected. If they really wanted to completely stamp out acct stacking, seems like they would have a "zero tolerance" phone line connect policy on everyone with more than one receiver. Just my .02
I don't understand either ,! But thats what was their excuse when I complained about it to them. I just said what ever and ran a damn phone line. Its just for daul tuners. I'm not sure if they all need to be plugged in or just 1 . I only have 1 dual tuner so ,I'm not sure on the rules for more then one. Maybe someone From Satellite Guys can tell us the truth.

Does the broadband connection need to be left on 24 hours a day? How about 12 hours a day. I can't get a straight answer out of Dish.

Ice explained it many times.. i used to work for them.. but for some reason.. people will never understand.. i guess the answer is...

go with direct tv if you dont like paying for your second tuner with dish... get a 4 room system and pay their additional receiver fees? I meant.. its not rocket science.. lol

I guess even if you connect phone line to direct tvs receiver.. you still get charged their additional receiver fees..

Does the broadband connection need to be left on 24 hours a day? How about 12 hours a day. I can't get a straight answer out of Dish.

It dials out usually once a month on a schedule. It will nag you about not being connected unless you are though, so you're better off keeping it connected.

No But most all DSL modems that are supplied Directly through the Phone company come with DSL Filters for your home phone, since Verizon for one knows you phone service will not work properly without them. 4 filters came with my modem.

Correct. It comes with the 'regular kit'. Was just saying the DSL modem can really be anywhere you want, you just need filters on anything that isn't the DSL modem itself.

The 'Home Run', namely using that splitter box I suggested on the side of the house and adding a new line in JUST for the DSL modem is the best way, but for most people it won't make much difference, just helps if you want to avoid individual filters or if you have really crappy indoor wiring, or you have a long distance to the Central Office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)