The 622 installation from HELL

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Y2k06

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 16, 2006
After having my 622 for nearly 7 weeks, finally today, I got it done and it's all up and working. Repeated phone calls, emails... and to top it off, it nearly DIDN't happen without the help of THIS FORUM and a personal Thank You to Scott for the "special" phone number that things actually got done. The text below is a copy of an Email I received from Dave L at E*, his reply and my follow up of today.

Enjoy the reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----- Original Message -----
To: Bills PC
Cc: *****, ****
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:13 PM
Subject: RE: Please review - VIP622 - Tech level 2 and local installer-david

Mr. Campbell,

Thank you for your email. I apologize Judd didn’t call you regarding your issue. Right now your work order is still schedule for April 6th, and we are waiting for this local to receive a DP44 switch. My Dallas office is aware as while. Once we are informed that they have the proper equipment to complete your install, we will work on scheduling for an earlier date.

Thanks,

Executive Office of DISH Network

CEO Escalations

[email****.****@echostar.com[/email]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Laslo,

Well, today, April 6, 2006 was scheduled for my SECOND attempt to install the VIP622. I got a call last night with a reminder that my install would occur today between 8 AM and Noon. Noon came and went, so I got on the phone. First call, I was on hold (after an initial greeting) for 55 minutes. I finally hung up and called again. Next call went to India or somewhere, and was put on hold for nearly 20 minutes. Then I was told the technician was on his way and would be here in 15 to 20 minutes. Half an hour later, with a no-show, I called again! Third time, and was on and off hold for over 30 minutes. Finally, I was asked if I would like to re-schedule. I asked to speak to her supervisor. Another 10 minutes goes by, and they tell me the Dallas office will contact me later. Forty Five minutes later, I get a call and they have 'referred this matter to a Dallas supervisor". I continue to wait. It is now 3:15 in the afternoon - some 3 hours PAST the time this was to have been installed and I still wait for a 'Dallas Supervisor" to call.

As the afternoon progresses, I'll update this email. I can tell you without hesitation this ranks easily in the top three WORST customer service experiences ever! I've had this machine sitting in a closet since early February. A feeble attempt to install in March failed as they didn't have to proper equipment to do the install. It was re-scheduled for today. I've made arrangements to take a portion of the day away from my office. For the last three hours plus, I've had nobody that can tell me anything.

You will be glad to know that FINALLY, two Dish Network trucks showed up at my house around 4:15 in the afternoon. There were a total of 3 technicians looking things over. Another 1/2 hour goes by. After my repeated question to them, 'Do you have a DPP44 switch with you", the answer was NO. After they went back outside for a pow-wow, one came back and said they would install another dish that would take care of the situation. About 6:30 PM, the install was done. They spent absolutely no time whatsoever connecting the off-air-antenna, nor did they set up Remote #2. They left with the packing box in the middle of the floor, did not put up the tools of MINE they had to use because their battery in thier drill was dead. There was absolutely no instruction on set up, configuring the remote to control the TV, nor any explanation at all on how to use the features. The extent of thier work was taking down a single LNB dish pointing to 61.5 and installed a Dish 1000. Now, at 8 PM in the evening, I've just cleaned up their mess, read the manual on how to get the remotes to work and can actually sit down and watch TV.

Having taken a entire day away from my office, canceling 2 late afternoon sales appointments, and cleaning up a mess, I must make you completely aware of my dissatisfaction with this entire ordeal. At the very least, I would expect Dish to make some sort of significant concession on my billing for enduring a day of completely incompetent people, poorly trained CSR's, one (from India) that was an outright lie (that a truck was "on the way"), and not until I called a number I found as a member of www.satelliteguys.us for 'special handling' thanks to the forum moderator, Scott Greczkowski, was I finally able to get through to someone that GOT THINGS DONE.

I anxiously await your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely unbelievable! :rolleyes: Ya know, I'm one of those lucky fellas that BOUGHT a 921. I'd go ahead and do the swap to lease thing for $99 end cost but the thought of the hassle getting the thing installed makes me think I'll just keep rebooting this thing when needed (its actually been pretty well behaved lately). When I had the 921 "installed" all the guy had to do was run another coax from the dish to the receiver. I had everything else hooked up. Sure glad I did. He knew nothing about the receiver or how to set it up. Oh, he was able to tell me that I'd just purchased a piece of junk that I'd have nothing but problems with.
Hope your 622 serves you well my friend!
Ed

Dishstore has plenty of DP44 Switches. I have actually had Dish to tell their customers to buy their switches from a local retailer and then DISH would re-imburse the customer.

Might want to ask them if they can do it for you like that :)

Y2k06 said:
I anxiously await your reply.

So do I. Please post. I called in another issue with the 622 dropping timers and was totally dissatisfied with the tech's response. :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)