The 625 is now on there web site

Yup it should be out soon. :)

Really not much different in it then (then a 522) except a bigger hard drive and updated software for VOD.

The extra hard drive space is to be used for Video on Demand so we will not see any additional space ourselves to record our shows. Does the 625 look any different than the 522 currently does?

Considering the drop in HDD prices, isn't it likely that the 625 will replace the 522?

Now if only they would provide the option to disable the VOD (or select the amount of reserved space), and actually use the extra space for what WE want.

That is what I am thinking David Levin, that the 625 will be the replacement. I am wondering what other enhancements they will put in place on the 625 since they usually add features and functionality to receivers when they change them. Maybe this can be comparable to the change from 501 to 508 to 510 when they made the hard drive size larger without any other enhancements.

carl said:
Does this mean I'll be able to trade in my less-than-a-month old 522 for a 625 for free?
ROFLMAO

Given E* (il)logic, there's no way they'll upgrade you to a box who's only purpose in life is to make it easier for you to give E* ore money.

Stargazer said:
That is what I am thinking David Levin, that the 625 will be the replacement. I am wondering what other enhancements they will put in place on the 625 since they usually add features and functionality to receivers when they change them. Maybe this can be comparable to the change from 501 to 508 to 510 when they made the hard drive size larger without any other enhancements.

Perhaps it has the MPEG4 hardware with firmware support to be added later? Nah... that would be logical...

Doh! Guess they had these in development before they planned on releasing MPEG-4. I wonder if they will implement MPEG-4 into the current receiver production or if they will have to redo it all and come out with completely new receivers?

Eugh, e-gods no! Just get a dvd for sakes. I dunno why all these people still watch those waste of PPV channels, the quality is awful compared to a DVD

PPV is a much better option than DVD. With PPV you can watch when you want to watch. You don't have to wait for a DVD to arrive in the mail or get in your car and drive out of you way to go to some place and pickup and then do it all over again to return a DVD.

No doubt about it PPV is definitely the better option.

I'm not inconvenienced to get a DVD I love collecting them, I never rent them either, so the return is not a problem. And the quality and sound are awesome, especially since my main tv is HD, PPV would be junk on that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts