The Affair on Showtime

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
From Deadline ...

In advance of Sunday’s premiere, Showtime is giving viewers an opportunity to sample its new drama series The Affair, about the effects of an extramarital affair, told separately from both the male and female perspectives. Starting today, viewers can sample the TV-14 rated version of pilot for free on YouTube (http://s.sho.com/theaffair), SHO.com, via a number of television providers’ free On Demand channels and websites, and on Showtime On Demand. The premiere episode will also be available via Showtime Anytime on any computer, iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, Kindle Fire, Fire Phone, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox 360 and Apple TV streaming players anywhere in the U.S., on the Showtime Preview app on Smart TVs from Samsung, LG and Panasonic, as well as for download as a free video podcast on iTunes.

deadline.com

We'll be watching. Ruth Wilson was great on Luther, as was Dominic West on The Hour. Another British Invasion.

The Affair: Do We Really Need Extra Perspectives? https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/affair-really-extra-perspectives-182657562.html
Showtime's The Affair launched with a basic premise: The show would tell the story of an extramarital affair between struggling writer Noah (Dominic West) and broken waitress Alison (Ruth Wilson) from the perspective of both participants.However, in Season 2, co-creator and executive producer Sarah Treem has decided to expand the original premise to incorporate the perspectives of Noah's wife Helen (Maura Tierney) and Alison's husband Cole (Joshua Jackson). While it sounds like an intriguing re-invention on paper, the idea also raises some questions about just how confusing the story might become. After all, some viewers and critics grew tired of the splintered narrative device as Season 1 wound down. Won't adding two more competing versions of events further complicate things?"I think there is a misperception that we're telling every moment of the story through every character's perspective," Treem tells TVGuide.com."We're not. So, it hasn't been that difficult. It's been really liberating."

I'm liking the added perspective of Helen, they only did it once with Cole so far. The more they show of Helen, the more I am happy Noah left her, she's a Grade A be-yatch! The flash forwards are getting a lisle confusing at times, but this continues to be a great unnoticed series.

Just started this monday, on episode 5 i think now, interesting way to do a show, but so far enjoyable.

Started watching this last year due to Ruth Wilson. Not normally the sort of show I would watch but it did draw me in. Haven't gotten to season 2 yet but will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts