The analog shutdown party thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Ananloge is like a dieing old man, going gracefully, and peacefully, putting a fight in the end.. but in a few short hours analouge tv will be going to be with god. Gone for ever. So with that said LETS HAVE A PARTY. In remberance of all the good times. Good bye analoge!

Lets kick this party off right (post your party song next in the analoge's memory)

[youtube]6NdAUnnU9Ac[/youtube]

Not that it matters, and I am just being curious not trying to criticize, but why did or do you use the British English spelling "Analogue" rather than the American English and common spelling "Analog"?

Not that it matters, and I am just being curious not trying to criticize, but why did or do you use the British English spelling "Analogue" rather than the American English and common spelling "Analog"?
GoalieBob is one of the renowned spelling champs here on SatGuys.;) He's a great mod but not a great speller.:D

Analog TV has been stayin' alive since the pushback of the original digital transition date but in a few hours its life is finally coming to an end. R.I.P. Analog and good riddance! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAjmuA1HDk"]YouTube - Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive (Full Version)[/ame]

Guess it's kinda like the people who say "R-ruh" like when they say VCR it's "V--C--R-ruh" I'm like what did you say?

I don't think he was trying for any particular spelling.

I counted at least 4 different spellings in his post:
analogue
Ananloge
analouge
analoge <-- did manage this one twice though. :p

Lets not forget Analog isn't completely dead.....just severely wounded.....Low power Analog will still be alive.have 3 local low power stations here in columbus ohio area.......to bad theres nothing on them worth watching to me;)

I will have a dozen analog stations remaining, mostly boosters. But analog isn't dead in the NW. And with those newly vacated frequencies, there may be a few more analog stations in the works.

I dont know if I will be "Celebrating" since digital TV is horrible for the DXing hobby but.. I'll watch it.. does any of this go down at the stroke of midnight?

Still going down as we speak. Analogs are dropping like flies here in the Miami-FTL market. I'm gaining signal strength on distant signals which is REALLY making me happy right now. I'm seeing strength on channels that I never knew I could get before.

It's going to be a lovely day (said Bill Withers)

ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSN, the All Static and Snow Network begins operations tomorrow with around 900 affiliates nationwide. The new network is expected to get higher ratings than NBC.

There are only 67 affiliates of the all static channel and each one broadcasts nationwide, unlike digital which is limited to local reception only.

You can receive all of the 67 All Static Only affiliates from any place in the US, both continental , Alaska, Hawaii Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and even the Phillippines (by special edict in the will of Ferdinand Marcos).

a bunch of them went dark here in Cleveland right at 10AM. A couple that still are simply advertising announcements without actual programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts