The Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

savedbscompetition

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
ATTENTION VOOM SUBSCRIBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF DBS COMPETITION:

On March 28th, The Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition, an organization of individuals over the age of 18 who are consumers of DBS services, including VOOM, and VOOM HD, LLC filed a formal Petition to Deny the sale of the Rainbow 1 satellite from Cablevision to EchoStar with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). As you know, that transaction could mean the end of the VOOM service. But even if you are not a VOOM subscriber, this deal could affect you by resulting in a decrease in competition and, specifically, less pressure on other DBS providers to expand their HD programming. If you would like to become a member of The Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition and show the FCC that you support their efforts, please visit their web site: http://savedbscompetition.org.

So now I am a member. I thought it would be interesting to see who owns the site btw.

Registrant:
Don, Brett

ATTN: SAVEDBSCOMPETITION.ORG
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box XXX
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
Phone: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Domain Name: SAVEDBSCOMPETITION.ORG

Administrative Contact :
Don, Brett
c72gd3859j2@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box XXX
Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Technical Contact :
Don, Brett
c72gd3859j2@networksolutionsprivateregistration.com
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box XXX
Herndon, VA 20172-0447

Record expires on 18-Mar-2006
Record created on 18-Mar-2005
Database last updated on 18-Mar-2005

savedbscompetition said:
ATTENTION VOOM SUBSCRIBERS AND SUPPORTERS OF DBS COMPETITION:

On March 28th, The Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition, an organization of individuals over the age of 18 who are consumers of DBS services, including VOOM, and VOOM HD, LLC filed a formal Petition to Deny the sale of the Rainbow 1 satellite from Cablevision to EchoStar with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). As you know, that transaction could mean the end of the VOOM service. But even if you are not a VOOM subscriber, this deal could affect you by resulting in a decrease in competition and, specifically, less pressure on other DBS providers to expand their HD programming. If you would like to become a member of The Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition and show the FCC that you support their efforts, please visit their web site: savedbscompetition.org.

This should be in its own thread and a sticky to get more attention. I joined today,.

Good Point. I just added the Wifey as well. I'm sure she won't mind as it took a while to get her acceptance but after the recent channel additions she is definately a VOOMer.

savedbscompetition,
Welcome to the forum! I have just joined the Association and I am sure a lot of our forum members will do the same.
Can you tell us what further actions do you plan?

what kind of BS org.? DBS....

Another Thread for what purpose? If it wasn't for all of the DBS one would know what is going ion. :sleeo

Alright! Seattle has at least one member.

Comeon all you guys and gals in the Pacific Northwest, sign up.

Still enjoying HDTV via VOOM under mostly sunny Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts