The Banished Words....do YOU agree?

True but "Photoshoped" is what annoys me. :)

I guess I never favored "Xeroxed" either. It suggests a brand to be used. Maybe its because I had a career in advertising. If I'm going to push a brand name, I want paid for that. :D

Aww, just grab a Kleenex and have a good cry :D

When my wife tells me to go to Sam's Club to buy Kleenex she means it -- since its the only brand we buy of tissues. :D

I don't here xeroxed nearly as much any more, and can't tell you the last time I used an "actual" xerox machine.

"trickeration" is a very popular yet humorous made up sports caster / announcer / coach-speak word that was introduced in the early 2000's (or there-about), if you are a coach/player of US football, a avid watcher of the NFL, NCAA football or ESPN you have heard this (or just simply missed it); otherwise I can see how you haven't. It is also the title of a Cab Calloway song from the 30's.
:D:D:D:D

Cab Calloway - Trickeration - YouTube
Had never heard the term used otherwise but the sports isn't part of my vocabulary.

I think I remember seeing "it is what it is" on a past list. The Real Housewives show made that phrase way overused a few years ago. I do hear 'baby bump' but another one that is used by older ladies, is 'with child'.. I just told ppl I was pregnant, it kept it sweet and simple! lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts