The benefits of proper dish alignment

kc0zhq

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
Denver, Colorado
We've had a little snow in Denver over the past couple days, and this is what I woke up to this morning. 119 was completely gone, but was still getting signal in the 20's on 110 and 129 conus and 45 on the 129 spotbeam. I must have had a great tech put this dish up.

Attachments

• 100_1200.JPG
    100_1200.JPG
    281.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_1201.JPG
    100_1201.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_1202.JPG
    100_1202.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 233
I get way more snow than that and it usually works. The trick is...does it work when it starts melting? That's when it gets dense.

I find that it can snow all night with no problem...even Wildblue works fine. But an hour or two after the sun comes out, everything goes dead.

my solution:
I have tall oaks in my yard, so my dish is 35' high off the top of my chimney, so the only time I get issues is heavy wet sticking snow, so I have an old 18" single lnb I have at ground level pointed at 61.5.

We've had a little snow in Denver over the past couple days, and this is what I woke up to this morning. 119 was completely gone, but was still getting signal in the 20's on 110 and 129 conus and 45 on the 129 spotbeam. I must have had a great tech put this dish up.

I was in Denver during one its worst snow storms (practically a blizzard, and I lived in Chicago for a year during the 2nd worst ever snow storm), and I have to say that your photo and associated "pains" are exactly why I live in Los Angeles :). I am so spoiled here; I'll never had to wake up in the morning and have to go out, before breakfast, and clear-off the dish, in my jammies. :). A lot of former residents of snow prone cities here in LA say they can't imagine EVER going back to live like that :) LOL! I hope it all melts so you don't have to clear it off.

couple weeks ago we had 4 inches of heavy wet snow and it clung to the C-Band dish I have...I like the snowball effect that happened on the right hand side of the dish :)

Attachments

• 100_0545.jpg
    100_0545.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 162
I was in Denver during one its worst snow storms (practically a blizzard, and I lived in Chicago for a year during the 2nd worst ever snow storm), and I have to say that your photo and associated "pains" are exactly why I live in Los Angeles :). I am so spoiled here; I'll never had to wake up in the morning and have to go out, before breakfast, and clear-off the dish, in my jammies. :). A lot of former residents of snow prone cities here in LA say they can't imagine EVER going back to live like that :) LOL! I hope it all melts so you don't have to clear it off.
Yeah but when LA slides into the ocean, you're dish wont be working then. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts