The BIG one! Real Madrid vs. Barcelona: Su 10/22 @ 3pm ET

From the sounds of it the players got word that the HD was out and adjusted their performances accordingly. Count me as a fan of the announcers and I listened to most of the 2nd half. They are modern without being obnoxious.

From Paul Giblin:

10/23/06

It's still raining in Madrid, but nobody is complaining and almost everyone is walking around with a big smile on their faces, hardly surprising after seeing Real overturn Barcelona in the Santiago Bernabeu.

A week is a long time in football, after the debacle that we saw in Getafe, this looked more like a Fabio Capello style Real Madrid. Tough in the middle and quick on the break.

That allowed them to suffocate Barca's attacking play and then use their pace to hit the Catalans on the counter attack. Special mention to Robinho and Ramos, who both got forward and helped set up both goals (saying that Robinho does like a dive, doesn't he?)

As for Barca: was Ronaldinho the same person who wowed us all in the same stadium last year? He looks so off the boil it is almost tragic.

They really missed Samuel Eto'o as Gudjohnson struggled. It is not fair to say the Icelandic international is a replacement for Eto'o, he was bought to replace Larsen, but I wonder if he can do that.

So although Rijkaard put his faith in attacking open play, something we should be grateful for, it didn't work. He has now to regroup and rethink.

Is Saviola the answer or can Leo Messi do it all by himself. We will find out how they react next Saturday at 7:58pm local time in Barcelona (1:58p ET) in the Camp Nou when our HD cameras travel to Barcelona.

See you there, Cheers PAUL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts