The Cellular Connection: Anyone Have Experience With This Dish Retailer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Captain Spaulding

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
Dayton Ohio Area
The Cellular Connection is a Dish and cellular phone company with stores in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. Their web site states "...Unlike most DISH retailers, we employ our own group of installers and service personnel." I thought that the same group of Dish authorized installers is used in a particular area regardless of where Dish service is ordered. Anyone have experience with this company? Thanks!

Captain Spaulding said:
The Cellular Connection is a Dish and cellular phone company with stores in Ohio, Indiana and Michigan. Their web site states "...Unlike most DISH retailers, we employ our own group of installers and service personnel." I thought that the same group of Dish authorized installers is used in a particular area regardless of where Dish service is ordered. Anyone have experience with this company? Thanks!

Welcome to satguys :), if your looking to get an install please pm me and I can get you a club dish # that will save you on installation costs and get you your equipment for next to nothing ;).. Also try Dishstore.net if your not going to do the club dish way. They have a good history with service and support :) I have never heard of the cellular connection. It depends on what area you are in on how good the installs are. Some areas DNS is better where as other areas Contractors are better ;)

I am a DNS tech from Southwestern PA. I have never heard of them though I am from PA. Like you said, It really depends on the area. The area I work in we don't have that many contractors that we used to employ and I think the techs I work with are very good, Some are not perfect but overall the Pittsburgh DNSC has good techs. As for some of the contractors in my area, I beg to differ. You won't really know if the tech is from DNS or a subcontractor until they arrive at the house. I went to jobs where the contractor refused to work at or refused to accept.

When I first got dish, I stopped into a "Cellular Connection" store a few years ago.
I wanted to do my own install, since I had run special coax cables in the walls while they were building my house.

They wanted nothing to do with that, Wouldn't use my cables, Wouldn't just sell me the equiptment, and let me install.

Otherwise they seemed quite knowledgable of the product, and would probably be OK if you let them install.

I ended going to a nothing but satellite dealer who let me walk out, and istall myself.

I'd stay away if you really want to install yourself, otherwise, they can probably be pretty good.