The Chicken Little Channel aka History Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ice, you'd really like it here in NW AZ, 2.5 acres, 8 dishes up, most are operating, three more to install or mount, neighbors rent FROM either me or my sister, only 6 houses on the block and that is almost 3/4 mile long, 28 degree low last night, but the closest market is 17 miles East or 22 miles West, and electricity goes out with most storms. HOWEVER, it does snow at least once a year here.

Pic 1, small grotto, but moving most of these to further back behind the house
Pic2 and 3 are a downpour, typical of this area, see storms from miles away
Pic4, what we "have to put up with" on most nights.

Photto

Phottoman, I'm green with envy. I wish I had a third of what you have there..:rolleyes:

I tend to agree with Dee_Ann. They take some interesting subjects and just massacre the story until it is almost unwatchable by spending all their time trying to change a documentary into a drama show and endless repeating the same point over and over again.
Thankfully not all the shows are like that but enough to keep the remote busy, with all the ads we are paying about what it is worth.

I enjoy the Universe, How The Earth was Made and Modern Marvels. Although I admit watching a few times, what does Ice Road Truckers have to do with history?

History Channel used to air more programming about history. Like why is wrestling on the the SyFy channel? Who knows but it sells advertising....
There you go it's about ratings, probably. That just tells me they give the Nielsen diaries to the wrong people...

Modern Marvels... I love that program.

...My favorite one of all time is "Alone in the Wilderness", the story of Dick Proenneke. ...

Saw that Alone in the Wilderness program on Montana PBS. Pretty cool!

Nice pictures, Photto.

That's an Arizona rainstorm allright. Your neighbor gets it and you don't or vice versa. And, it lasts for five minutes. And, you are pleased it DID rain...

I like the channel. I have Directv along with FTA and it is in my top 10 watched channels. It's HD quality is great. I watch Modern Marvels and the Animal House doc last night was cool.

"Alone in the Wilderness" was quite interesting. But I'd rather never be more than 2 hours away from a hospital.

"Alone in the Wilderness" was quite interesting. But I'd rather never be more than 2 hours away from a hospital.

I can see how he could survive without a hospital or a local doctor, or a gas station or a TV or radio station, or a local newspaper, or a FoodMart or a good satellite feed channel or a utility company or snowplows......

But, what the heck did he do about BEER! :eek: That just boggles my mind!

Seriously, Mr. Proenneke was really awesome in what he could do. I was just in awe at his carpentry skills. And, I sure wouldn't want to wrestle with him.

RADAR

but nowadays the ability to have radio/tv/newspaper is dramatically different than back then :)
thats what FTA & sat internet is for :D

i must say though, i'll take these apocolypse theories over axe-men and ice road truckers any day! this "reality" TV is neither reality or tv.

Then you didn't watch last couple of weeks. World War 2 in HD was on for about a week, and on Pearl Harbor Day, some great documentaries about that. I recorded all of it!

Yes, it's the Chicken Little Channel

Satellite AMC 4, 12060Mhz, 26700, SID 001F

The sky is falling around the clock. Every program, all day long.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Two thumbs down.. :mad:

If you had C Band you could get the shows talking about cience things from the BBC and Discovery at the SatMex satellites, they usually show them with subtitles in spanish and english audio.

University of California's channel also it's pretty good, altough they tend to show a lot of info aimed to oceanographers like myself so... they hit me in a sweet spot :p.

Other than that just the PBS channels and nothing more about history/real-no-bogus-cience (like UFO, bigfoot, et al).

Today they are taking time-out from their usual fear-mongering to show "The People Speak", some actual history.

Check out Pawn Stars on History. Very cool shows. Downloaded the WWII in HD shows the other night on Dish on demand...cool shows.

Modern Marvels is another great one.

The History used to be the Hitler channel...but I've seen very little WWII programming whenver I've tuned-in the past couple years.

Thank goodness they finally got off of that broken record. I'm so sick of war stuff. My dad is a war/gun nut and I've had more than enough of that nonsense for this lifetime.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)