The competition is ON to raise money for Cancer Research...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
through Ionia's Relay for Life!

Scott G., owner/operator of this site has teamed with Garry Osborn of WION, while Satelliteguys Radio's "Orlando" has teamed with me, Jim Carlyle of WION in a friendly competition! Scott's got details on the Satellite Guys forums here, and..you can get details and pledge/pay/learn more (any of those choices) by visiting http://i1430.com/relay.html and filling out a simple form!

It's all in FUN and all for a GREAT cause, including ongoing research, but closer to home, it helps with transportation and accommodations in West Michigan for families with loved ones undergoing treatment.

Relay for life in Ionia is July 11th-12th....we'd love to see you out there supporting the team WION sponsors: "Volunteers for a Cure!"

$20 was brought in for the morning show on Tuesday! Thanks, Rocky for kicking things off for us!

Today we kick off our efforts on SatelliteGuys Radio! :)

I am hoping we can help raise a lot for this very important cause! Thanks for allowing us to ride along for this one. May the best afternoon show win. :D

Reactions: pbeeman
The simple way to learn more about the Volunteers for a Cure team is to visit our page on the American Cancer Society website.
http://main.acsevents.org/goto/Volunteer

You can also follow our group page on Facebook for the latest info about team fundraisers. https://www.facebook.com/groups/118461678174003/

Our team members are part of various volunteer organizations with several youth from 15 yrs old+ and somehow connected to our 3 main families, The Beeman's, The Lask's, and the Halliwill's. Each team member is encouraged to collect $100 in donations from their friends and families which becomes increasingly difficult when there are 4-5 family members trying to do so. This is where you come in! Your donations to our team, or any of our members...no matter who you VOTE for in this friendly competition...goes to support these Relay Team Members during their 24 hour commitment to walking the track! Our team gives out milestone awards for members who complete 20 laps (5 miles) 40 laps (10 miles) and 60 laps (15 miles) with most of our walkers reaching the 10 mile marker. Last year we had about 8 team members who 100 laps or 25 miles!

Volunteers for a Cure team members are committed to doing the walk! And now we need YOU to also commit to support this team! And of course VOTE for the Morning Show Guys or the Afternoon Show Guys to join in the fun of this challenge as they try to collect more then the other guys.

If you have any questions, or want to hear my personal reason for supporting Relay For Life feel free to contact me!

Mornings have moved ahead today, with a $20 donation from the WION station attorney!! He was listening online this morning, and paid jim $20 to CONTINUE playing Christmas music. So, the "occasional" Christmas tune today is because of him!! It also pulled us ahead...in mornings as of 8:30 to a $53/$34 lead!....TAKE THAT, afternoon guys! Garry Osborn even joined us on the air ....and said, "I've got things up my sleeve, too!"....Hmmmm...

Well, remember...it's all for a good cause!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts