the difference between buying and leasing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

morodder

Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
I was wondering the difference between buying and leasing a hr44 receiver. Thanks

Assuming that outright buying the device is possible, you still have to pay monthly fees for most devices on the account as well as programming.

I suppose the only real difference might be that with a leased device, you have to return it to DirecTV if you ever cut bait and run. Not sure that you have to do that when buying a device outright.

Getting a 34 or 44 owned will be an almost impossible task. As for owning vs leasing, you still have to pay a fee when you own it and you can't activate a new account using an owned receiver but with an owned receiver you can turn it on and off at your choice.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks. Just didn't know if it was worth it. I seen them for sale on eBay. That is why I was asking

Thanks. Just didn't know if it was worth it. I seen them for sale on eBay. That is why I was asking
Chances are you saw the people trying to sell them on ebay and they are more than likely a Lease recvr.

IF you ever buy a recvr on ebay, get the recvr ID first and call D* and have them tell you if it's leased or Owned.

Just because you Buy it off ebay, doesn't mean it's Owned.

So I guess you no better off purchasing a new one? Just lease it and be better off

Ebay have plenty advertised owned HR44's, whether is actually owned or not has to be verified with Directv from Access Card Department, Although there is one on Ebay that is very suspicious for $75 and no RID number in description

Always look at the sellers description for RID number to verify is usually 12 numbers, and also pictures confirming the RID and condition of the receiver. If they don't provide RID in the description, I would stay away from them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)