The DirecTV install from hell

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can't wait for a Nor'Easter this winter, your signal will go in and out as the tree sways in the wind. Glad the issue was taken care of, hope the tree mount works out over the winter for you though.

Tech(s) from Ironwood Communications always seem to be the ones pi**ing people off all over the country. I think they have the worst record for complaints at the Better Business Beauru among Sat. providers. (Installs and scheduling issues). :mad:

Wow, the supervisor must have been just as much of a dumb ass as the installer.

The Resolution!

The supervisor himself came out yesterday morning with one of his techs, strapped the dish to a meter and walked all over the property - including the roof - to see where he could get a signal. They wound up mounting the dish to a large pine tree in my back yard, running the cables overhead to the house, and strapping everything down. They even grounded the multiswitch!

Oh, and it took them less than 2 hours to do the whole thing.

I asked the guy why his installers didn't seem to know what they were doing and he didn't have an answer.

Yeah, I know the tree mount isn't ideal - but as long as it gets through the winter I don't care. When spring comes I'm re-mounting it on a solid post myself. Now that the infrastructure is in place, I can do that much more easily. Oh, and the DirecTV CSR gave me 6 months of free HD service for my trouble - on top of all the other stuff they had already given us for not canceling our service and switching to FIOS...

I do plan to e-mail that DirecTV rep you guys mentioned and let her know the situation. It remains amazing to me that a company that prides itself on customer service can let installers like this come to people's homes. After all, that's the only face-to-face contact you'll ever have with DirecTV - and that's a really bad image to be sending to your customers.

Tech(s) from Ironwood Communications always seem to be the ones pi**ing people off all over the country. I think they have the worst record for complaints at the Better Business Beauru among Sat. providers. (Installs and scheduling issues). :mad:

Thats cause Ironwood treats their installers like crap, don't know how to schedule jobs, and suck to work for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)