The "Empire Strikes Back" Damon to Hated Yankees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
4 year deal $52 million if I am not mistaken. Why couldn't Boston give him the same deal?

Downside: No arm, center field defense weak, going up in age.

Upside: the Iron Man. Man has never been to disable list. Outstanding leadoff man. .290 career average; some stolen bases; and high on base average.

For a 4 year deal, I thought the Yankees made a steal. What do you thinmk?

Sean Mota said:
4 year deal $52 million if I am not mistaken. Why couldn't Boston give him the same deal?

Downside: No arm, center field defense weak, going up in age.

Upside: the Iron Man. Man has never been to disable list. Outstanding leadoff man. .290 career average; some stolen bases; and high on base average.

For a 4 year deal, I thought the Yankees made a steal. What do you thinmk?

I think the Sox would have offered that same proposal, but he would not take it.

Just another reason for me to DisLike the Yankees

To me this is a head scratcher, he is a 300 hitter with some power and can cover center field (Bernie didn't have an arm even at his best).
His age is a factor but as we all know George (aka the boss) likes aging veterans.
If he stays healthy they will have a powerful line up (hopefully he won't disappear during the playoffs).

Sox wouldn't match it...

Yeah they upgraded. If nothing else it'll get him a haircut and a shave...He looks like those caveman tv spots, it's LONG past time to get out the clippers...

Still doesn't address the Yankees glaring question marks with their pitching. I don't think this helps the Yankees as much as it hurts the Red Sox.

...which in turn, also helps the yankees...and you can always trade for pitching as long as teams like the marlins are in the league...

Hitters usually hit, but it's probably better to trade for a pitcher after the season starts so you can see if he's having a good year or not. Switching offseason programs can have a much bigger negative effect on a pitcher than a hitter...

Purogamer love the avatar :)

Yankees Starters

R. Johnson
M. Mussina
S. Chacon
J. Wright
C. Pavano
A. Small
C. Wang

A. Small, J. Wright or Wang will move to middle relieve. Along with Dotel (who they just gave a one year deal) along with Sturtz, Fansworth and Mariano.

Their weakness----> Middle Relief..... But those guys are hard to comeby in the free market.

Hmm,
From your list, I see 2 reliable starters and 1 is over 40 (although I like him) and M M has to be close, both have had injuries latley. Chacon has done well , but can he do it again, can he be counted on, Pavano can't handle the bright light of NY

Jimbo

You can say the same thing about any starting staff in any team in MLB. Give me 5 starters in any baseball team and I will give you two reliable and three suspects. On paper we all can make opinions but the real game start on openning day and it ends in October.

What a difference a bic makes...

gAEPdfwt.jpg

I'm late on this post; seeing the relatives and all. But... I have to say that even though it seems like many people hate the Yankees, the fact remains that a whole lot of people want to play for them. and, it's not just the money either. I'd bet you that Damon wouldn't have agreed to go to Toronto for the same money. Go Yankees!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts