• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
As most of you know yesterday was the latest in a long line of predicted deaths for the superstations. in most cases thse predicted end dates came from people analyzing SHVERA (OR SHVIA or SHVA) and coming up with something that almost certainly would kill them.

The next predicted date for the end of the supers is Dec 31 2009. That date is a bit different because not a whole lot of analysis or supposition goes on. The portion of SHVERA that aloes satellite companies to carry these stations ends on that date. But the prior laws expired at some date certain too and the sat companies were always reauthorized for a bit longer---in spite of the doomsayers of the day.

So we are all guessing now but what do you think will happen nex?

I dropped them a while back when they said we wouldn't get them in HD.

S~

When who said that? I don't believe that DISh has ever said anything one way or the other on the subject. Am I wron/

They did. When the first few superstations went HD KTLA and whatever the other one was.

S~

I will take your word for it. I don't recall DISH saying anything. Some here have saisd that and rightly pointed out that at least for now one or all of the HD supers was ona spotbeam.

They will stay.
And be in HD by June 2010. SHIVA laws will get weaker and weaker as the people are going to get off their Lazy Butts and do something about this time, instead of just talking about it.

People need to be more informed on SHIVA and what this means for the 30 million Satellite Customers.

they'll stay

there may be some restrictions as more stations are piggybacking My & CW on subchannels so they may ask for syndex rights. But until Dish adds those channels then the customer may be allowed to get the Supers

As long as the only channel in my market is ABC, then I should be able to get CW and MTN. It will either be the current superstations or AAD will be allowed to add the NY and SF feeds which will be 2 of the same channels anyway.

I am somewhat surprised by the one sidednature of the vote at this point. Given all the previous forecasts I expected that it would be evenly split or would skew to the other side.

Just says the obvious. The minority are always more vocal than the majority.

So why the switch from predictions of a shutdown on the day of the analog shutdown to this?

Just ssems likwa curious pattern.

Enough people will complain and there is just not that much opposition to the Superstations to kill them. The stations themselves can stop being a superstation any time they want, so they obviously like things the way they are.

Dish is not pushing this package on new customers for obvious reasons so they do not have to deal with bitchy customers if they loose them.

My feeling is that the Superstations will stay and everyone will be grandfathered!

I still got the $8.99 Dish Net package that includes locals and superstations!

well that poll is over. As i said in post 10 I am shocked. I never thought there would be 83 votes and I never thought that there would five times as many people thinking they would stay as go.

Dish itself has always been pretty quiet bout the superstations so we will see what happens.Maybe they will go away tomorrow, maybe at the end of they ear or maybe we will be watching the Phantom Gourmet and the KTLA Morning News in HD soon. I have no idea.

DISH should put them all in HD and offer them to subs who don't have the CW or My network tv station in HD. My local area -Beaumont/Pt.Arthur,Tx doesn't have either on DISH and neither is hd ota . I'm sure that there would be some takers if they offered them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts