The good and bad to this unit

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
There is far more good, but here is my personal good and bad.

The good

1. My favorite thing is when you are looking for a sat moving east and west, holding down the button where the dish moves constantly, the signal will shoot up there while moving so you know you passed it and can bump the dish back a bit to fine tune it. On other receivers it seems I would just blow past them and would have to go slowly, sometimes not even finding the sat by using the tps. it is really not making my motor problem that bad since i can easily just go back and find my sat if the motor didnt stop right on key.

2.the picture quality is second to none.

3. the updated tps for using when i am tuning the dish.

4.the detailed scan, i find so much more than i use to even in sd.

5. the easy to use settings and main screen usage and also all the sats being in order on the main screen, some receivers puts them in the order you scan them in.

6. the option to only scan in certain amounts such as the <10,000 or 10000-20000 options.

The bad

1.I hate the moving dish popup and i can see alot of you do to, i already have my finger preset on the exit button every time i do anything other than change a channel so i can exit out of the box

2. my motor isnt stopping on the exact spot alot of times, i checked and notice than on my pansat 3500 the motor is more accurate and actually a little faster, but no biggie!

3. the speed of the scans, not as fast as pansat, but then again it is checking for more detail and also scanning in hd channels so i can understand why.

4. the time it takes for channels to come in sometimes, it makes me think i am off the sat until i check signal and see that the pic just hasnt came in yet.

what do you guys think?

4. the time it takes for channels to come in sometimes, it makes me think i am off the sat until i check signal and see that the pic just hasnt came in yet.

what do you guys think?

If your sats are mistuned off their azimuth because you aren't right ON them, it'll take longer for the receiver to "tune them in". I've seen this when my DisEqC motor wasn't tweaked correctly for it's "0" position regards true south. Once I got my system tuned/tweaked in, the channels snap in right away now.

So, it seems your system needs tuning, as my MicroHD puts my dish dead on the sats every single time now using USALS.... Check your backlash, or check if there's slop in your dish mount.

I tweaked all my sats, I am getting the best i can get them at, usually most tps are either low to high 70's on quality which is good on the microhd.

I will tune them in all the way and save, then about 1 out of 3 or 4 times i go back to them i am a bit off, maybe 20-30 pct off on my quality, and when i drive out to say 125 and back to 83 i might be 1 to 2 degrees off!

I tweaked all my sats, I am getting the best i can get them at, usually most tps are either low to high 70's on quality which is good on the microhd.

I will tune them in all the way and save, then about 1 out of 3 or 4 times i go back to them i am a bit off, maybe 20-30 pct off on my quality, and when i drive out to say 125 and back to 83 i might be 1 to 2 degrees off!

Once again, it's your motor causing this where it doesn't go back to the absolute correct position, NOT the MicroHD receiver! So, check over your motor, because if it was the MicroHD, don't you think everybody would be complaining about this same issue? It's one of the most basic features, and if it didn't work, people would be going nuts over it.

I have run my motor with the Micro HD from 30W to 125W and viceversa countless times just to test it and it has never failed
once, always on the same spot with same transponder quality on both ends.
You probably have an issue with your motor, maybe the tube has a little slack on it.
Tede

In the past, my motor seemed to be having a lot of problems. It would drive the dish all the way to my east/west limits and it always forgot where certain sats were and would send the dish to my true south sat instead. I had to reprogram where SES-2 is about every other day. I was sure the motor was going bad. Then I got the MicroHD, and all my positioning problems disappeared. It came down to the receiver (which is strange because it was a Geosatpro receiver). Perhaps it wasn't providing enough power to keep the motor's memory working? The transmission line to my motor is RG11 because I thought it would get me around a power issue. But like I said, the MicroHD hasn't missed a satellite yet.

i am using diseq2. i thought my dish position was bad because of the motor a while back. then i found out that going from east to west vs. west to east would position my dish slightly differently. i tightened all bolts properly and saw that there was still movement on the main bolt where the vertical tilt is between the dish and the mount. i drilled out that connection with a half inch connection and a long enough bolt that there were no threads where the pieces were on the bolt. that eliminated almost all of my positioning problems. the other problem was solved by getting a ninety degree connection between the motor shaft from the positioner and the dish connection. now i am going from 55w to 137w and back with no problems. i really like the microhd receiver. charlie

1. been posted numerous times....I do the same thing ;)
2. as noted this is your motor. I use Diseqc 1.2 and havent run into any issues. Once in a while 91 seems to need a nudge but I think that is more due to the 30" dish I have. Some signals show better at say 91.0 and some show better at 91.2 or so (maybe 2 nudges). But I've seen that for years
3. The Pansat you have just scans DVB whereas the Micro needs to scan for S2 also (not HD).....but I've had Pansats before and they are SLOW when it comes to scanning. And make sure it doesnt hit a "no name" signal (that is it doesnt show a name). My Pansat takes easily 2 to almost 3 minutes to log a "TV1" whereas the Micro is about 10 seconds.
4. I dont see that issue...but a lower signal channel takes longer to lock so that may go back to #2.

All the positives I agree with

Thanks iceberg. Yeah I figured out what it was, I didnt have the dish tightened really good on the motor shaft, I am using a dish with the ubolt clamps instead of the normal ones with the hole mount that i am used to. I tightened down real good, not too tight, and now i have went through and fine tuned my sats and went back and forth from 72 to 125 several times and she is hitting dead on! I went to 83 amc 9 though and the rtv tp was out for a while for some reason! I thought it was the motor and was like "here we go again" only to change to another tp and see full signal! lol, yeah it is working great now and I am gonna check a couple sats east of 72.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)