The Jake ranked as the Best Ballpark in America!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
According to a Fan Survey posted on SI.com........

From SI Article......

They are based solely on results taken from an online survey of baseball fans in March, when we asked readers to rate their hometown ballpark in 10 categories.

Essentially, this is a measure of how satisfied fans are with their hometown ballpark experience. The happiest? Cleveland. Progressive Field, home of the Indians, finished first with Milwaukee's Miller Park a close runner-up. The Florida Marlins brought up the rear, which is not surprising considering they play in a football stadium under the oppressively hot South Florida sun.

gateway.jpg

Those plans for the Marlins had better involve a retractable roof. It would be a shame to not see the sky for a night game. As much as I hate going down into Miami the best place for it to succeed is probably downtown (I think that is where the plans have it anyway).

I'm surprised Tampa Bay's place didn't rank lower than #24. I guess the affordability and not that much traffic saved them.

Progressive Field? When did that happen???

How long until Progressive is bought out and the name changes again?

I just can't keep up with these name changes anymore. To me it ruins fan identity with the stadium. It's OK to have a corporate name if it stays the same, but changing it every 2-3 years is just bizarre.

Say what you want about the Yankees, but at least Yankee Stadium is still YANKEE STADIUM! How many millions has George not cashed in on from companies begging to put their name on the Stadium?

Madison Square Garden also comes to mind, which is surprising since the you-know-whats who own it have proven all they care about is every last dollar they can get.

Sandra

Those plans for the Marlins had better involve a retractable roof. It would be a shame to not see the sky for a night game. As much as I hate going down into Miami the best place for it to succeed is probably downtown (I think that is where the plans have it anyway).

Yep....here ya go!

And the link:

Miami ballpark

But I must admit...I LOVE the idea of the new stadium they are proposing in Tampa/St. Pete.

And the link:

The Official Site of The Tampa Bay Rays: Ballpark: New Ballpark

Attachments

• miabpk01.jpg
    miabpk01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 193
  • 112807rendering2.jpg
    112807rendering2.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 201
  • tampastadium.jpg
    tampastadium.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 194
Wow.... the Bucs are in the top half of MLB in EVERY category except team quality, where they are LAST, which is a shame, but no surprise. I've been to many of the newer ballparks, and the overall experience, including the walk across the bridge, the Clemente statue, the walk down to the river, the view, the availability of seats, and especially the food was better in Pittsburgh than any other.

It didn't hurt that Randy Johnson had 16 K's and the Pirates still won the game!

Progressive Field? When did that happen???

How long until Progressive is bought out and the name changes again?

I just can't keep up with these name changes anymore. To me it ruins fan identity with the stadium. It's OK to have a corporate name if it stays the same, but changing it every 2-3 years is just bizarre.

Say what you want about the Yankees, but at least Yankee Stadium is still YANKEE STADIUM! How many millions has George not cashed in on from companies begging to put their name on the Stadium?

Madison Square Garden also comes to mind, which is surprising since the you-know-whats who own it have proven all they care about is every last dollar they can get.

Sandra

Jacob's Field was named after the owner at the time in the year the stadium was opened in 1994. The naming rights expired 13 years later in 2007. Dick Jacob's was the owner of the Indians from 1988-2001.

In 2002, Larry Dolan bought the team. When the naming rights expired, Larry Dolan (not his rich brother Charles), opted to sell the name to Progressive who agreed to pay $57.6 million for the naming rights for 16 years. While I still prefer the original and more nostalgic name, this move was viewed as an alternative to maximize costs and expenses in a small market city.

An interesting Jacob's Field statistic.....

The ballpark set a major league record between June 12, 1995 and April 4, 2001 by selling out 455 straight games. Demand for tickets was so great that they sold out all 81 home games before opening day on three separate occasions. The Indians "retired" the number 455 in honor of the sellout record.

Yep, Cardinals fan here, but I still make it to Chicago once a year for a two games, Usually a Friday day game in the park, and a Saterday day game on a rooftop. There is not a better view/experience anywhere!!!

I love progressive, but I am a fan of great america too, I think that is a great ballpark! (and no its not because hooters is right there either, well maybe a little)

Yep, Cardinals fan here, but I still make it to Chicago once a year for a two games, Usually a Friday day game in the park, and a Saterday day game on a rooftop. There is not a better view/experience anywhere!!!

Only got to visit Wrigley once when I was a lot younger. I had relatives up there, but they all died of old age :(

Wow.... the Bucs are in the top half of MLB in EVERY category except team quality, where they are LAST, which is a shame, but no surprise. I've been to many of the newer ballparks, and the overall experience, including the walk across the bridge, the Clemente statue, the walk down to the river, the view, the availability of seats, and especially the food was better in Pittsburgh than any other.

It didn't hurt that Randy Johnson had 16 K's and the Pirates still won the game!

PNC and Miller Park are my two favorites so far (I haven't been to Progressive or Busch yet).

If there was a ranking for the cost of a beer however, I think all the parks would tie for 30th. I was at PNC this past weekend and a beer bought in the stands was $7.00 a bottle; $7.50 for a draft at the concession stands! That's a fricking crime if you ask me, especially if you have a poor product on the field. :mad: The Succos went down in the first by 5 runs (good riddance Morris), and I just couldn't make myself buy a beer to drown my sorrows in. Darn shame.

I've been to Wrigley once, in a suite. Free food and beer, but it looked like a lot more fun down in the stands. Where do you get your tickets? Most games are sold out on MLB.com.

Surveys are cute arent they?

Essentially, this is a measure of how satisfied fans are with their hometown ballpark experience. The happiest? Cleveland.

How happy are you really if you have to sit through a Pirates game?

The bottom line is that if your team stinks noone wants to come to the ball park no matter how nice it is.

Id rather go watch a Yankees-Sox game in either venue.,ranked 20 and 21, than a 3 vs 13 matchup of the Pirates and the Reds in either venue.

(I did notice that the Yanks nipped the Sox again!) :eek:

How happy are you really if you have to sit through a Pirates game?
If they're winning, which is a treat these days, pretty happy.

Id rather go watch a Yankees-Sox game in either venue.,ranked 20 and 21, than a 3 vs 13 matchup of the Pirates and the Reds in either venue.
No shite boston area dtv? Wonder why. :rolleyes:

Actually, I find major league baseball to be pretty slow as a sport, even though I enjoy watching and pulling for my favorite team. I need that vested interest (i.e., my favorite team) to keep me interested, unless I'm at a nice ballpark and getting a decent freebie promotion or free food and drinks in a suite. Watching the Yankees or Red Sux does nothing for me unless the Pirates are kicking their arses :D (I know...that rarely happens these days).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)