The Latest Verizon Wireless News

Verizon now pushing Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 edge+, small update for Note 5

http://www.androidcentral.com/verizon-now-pushing-marshmallow-galaxy-s6-edge-small-update-note-5

If you have a Galaxy S6 edge+ on Verizon, you'll want to check your phone for an update as the carrier is now pushing Marshmallow out. In addition, Verizon is pushing a small update out for the Note 5 to address some connectivity issues. The Galaxy S6 edge+ update brings a number of big changes, some of which include:

This software update brings the latest Android Marshmallow OS along with improvements to Live broadcast and Edge panel, easier app searches and updates to the Notification panel.

You can download both updates over-the-air now. To get it manually, head into your Settings, then About device and finally check for updates.

Verizon Union Workers Go on Strike

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Verizon-Union-Workers-Go-on-Strike-136714

Roughly 36,000 Verizon union workers went on strike at 6AM this morning after the two sides failed to come to an agreement on a new contract after more than nine months of negotiations. Despite $39 billion in profits over the last three years — the union says that Verizon executives have been pushing to offshore jobs to the Philippines, Mexico and other locations, outsource work to low-wage contractors and transfer workers away from their families for months at a time.

The strike could have an obvious impact on Verizon DSL, FiOS and fixed-line customers, many of whom were already seeing reduced support and repair quality as Verizon focused its resources on wireless.

“Through our hard work, Verizon is making record profits while our families are left with threats to our jobs and our customers aren’t getting the service they need," the CWA said of the strike. "Striking is a hardship for our families, but we need to remind Verizon executives that the people who build their profits are a critical reason for the company’s success."

Verizon has made it repeatedly clear the company would like to end union work entirely for its wireline assets. The company's wireless service is largely non-unionized. Company executives say they've prepared for a better part of the year for a strike, and insist that consumers should see no disruption to service.

"Let's make it clear, we are ready for a strike," Bob Mudge, president of Verizon's wireline network operations says of the strike. Mudge says that the company has brought in Verizon workers from other departments to fill in, and these workers "know our first priority is maintaining services for our customers and they have taken on this challenge with pride."

Verizon's union workers had been working without a contract since August 1, 2015, and had technically begun negotiating for a new contract back in June. It remains entirely unclear just how long the strike will last.

Of course that comes one day after my 14-day grace period on my new S7 Edge expires. I am not in love with this phone, whose capabilities seem to have been overpromised. Anyone else feeling that way?

So for those on Verizon has their service been good and what about their coverage they have the most out of the 4 but does it work well?? I'm thinking about switching over from Sprint for the most part the coverage as been good as well as service. But would like to be under the bigger overall footprint as well.. Which I will not do anything until the S8 comes out.. :)

Verizon's service overall is the best out there and their coverage is best also. That has been the two biggest reasons that they have been able to keep their prices up better than the others, though there are other market pressures that make them change too, only slowly.

Of course, like all cell providers, coverage isn't perfect everywhere and sometimes not available at all. But in general, if you want the best coverage and service in the most areas, Verizon is the hands down winner. I've tried ATT, Sprint & T-Mobile and while all worked quite well where they worked, they just didn't cover the areas I needed very well.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
I was a Sprint supporter for many years, but rode them all the way to the bottom during their crap LTE rollout in this area until I finally gave up. Switched to Verizon when the S6 came out and it's been one of the best moves I've ever made. Fast, rock-solid data connections, and havent dropped a call or been w/o voice signal in ages, even when traveling. Got to where I was dropping calls almost daily towards the end with Sprint.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Verizon has coverage where I live that At&t doesn't even have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)