The Limitations Of Satellite Rears Its Ugly Head

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
50 and above on signal strength is acceptable signals to get on any sat with DISH. IF you don't get at least 50 on a dish 1000.2 sat dish you definitely have a sat dish alignment problem.

Not true and not what Dish technical support will tell you or what most Dish installers will tell you. Out west, 110 and 119 can be easily brought in above 50, but even the new 129 won't get out of the 40s without messing up 110 or 119.

Dish support says 15 is enough to lock a signal (BTW the 125 point scale on the signal meter was for the Dish 500 and doesn't apply to the 1000.2) and 20 should prevent loss of signal for minor interference. Personal experience with the old 129 was that under 25 encountered transient signal breakup and was very subject to rain fade in mild rain. Once you hit 30, you should be okay for all but the big storms.

I also live in the Atlanta area and rarely have problems with rain fade - but we lost reception for about 45 minutes Sunday night when we had a cloudburst.

I love the Redzone and it was a great addition.

Uverse has a very good HD lineup, but the 2 HD stream limitation is a big one for me. We have 3 HD TV's and quite often will be using 4 HD streams - watching 3 different programs and recording another.

For now, I will stick with Dish. I like the 622 and 722 interfaces much better than those of the DTV receivers that 2 of my sons have.

Finally get access to the NFL Red Zone channel and just about the entire second half of the broadcast is missed today due the record rains in Atlanta. A trade off I have to live with, I have yet to have a good cable experience in metro Atlanta. I have never loss satellite radio signal, but of course the data difference is huge. Cable was a continuing nightmare of bad picture on different channels. Just a post from frustration really. Sigh.

My Charter cable would always go out, or have severely degraded PQ whenever it was even a modest rain or higher than usual winds. Dish is fine in all but the most severe rainstorms. And, no one rainstorm has ever prevented all signals. My LIL spot beam transponders are very hot and even an a downpour still keep on showing.

Either your rainstorms were really bad or you need your Dish peaked properly. Even a slight mal-adjustment can make a BIG difference in weather.

We are having our second 100 year storm in 5 years, like 20 inches this weekend, this isn't normal at all. Another 1-5" coming, its like the 3rd world. Over 100 roads closed in my county alone, deaths, evacuations, mudslides, etc..

Atlanta News, Sports, Atlanta Weather, Business News| ajc.com

Yes, I've heard. Now you know what it is like living in Los Angeles, the disaster capital of the world, except that in all the death and evacs and mudslides and earthquakes and fires, never-ending water main breaks of late (100 year old mains) and snow storms, and riots, the place just keep moving along like any other day. Incredible!

Yes, I've heard. Now you know what it is like living in Los Angeles, the disaster capital of the world, except that in all the death and evacs and mudslides and earthquakes and fires, never-ending water main breaks of late (100 year old mains) and snow storms, and riots, the place just keep moving along like any other day. Incredible!

We got all of that here too. Even the fires and there have been some very minor earthquakes. They had a 100 year old water line under the field at Georgia Tech and in the spring, from the rains and increase in pressure, the field would rise over it. Nearby about 10 years ago, there was a cave in and a woman was swept away in that section of pipe. Fires were down south but we got the horrible smoke. School is finally opening tomorrow. 1 thing we get in GA that you don't in LA...tornadoes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)