The List of Blu-Ray Disc titles

Well, Disney better get moving. Wife unit wants Enchanted on Blu-ray, stat! :p

BJ'S Wholesale Club Has Blue Ray Disk

I was in my local Club on friday and there was a full end cap of Blue Ray disk and i would say there had to be at least 50 titles or more available. The store manager said they will be getting a BD player soon because the display was shipped early but did not know the brand player they will be getting in.

I'm going to get The Polar Express on Blu-ray this weekend.

Get it from Warner's site. $19.95 plus a 25% discount with a coupon code (NVBM) through the end of November... can't beat that.

They also have the Harry Potters (preorder) for $22.95 each ($17 after coupon) or $110.99 ($83) for the whole set, and most of their other movies are cheaper on this site than just about anywhere else.

I'd like to know when Demolition Man might be coming out on Blu-ray. Yes, I know that info is not available. The point is, is there a site where you can put in titles and get notified when they are to be released in Blu-ray, whenever Warner (or whatever studio) makes the announcement?

At Amazon you can't even "almost" do this. You can only preorder items once Amazon announces them. You can't even put in for a notice on something like Master & Commander, which has a release date but Amazon isn't taking preorders on yet. Seems they're missing a bet here, it shouldn't be too hard to automate something like this. Say, once a week have a program search Amazon for the desired products people have signed up for. Or am I missing something and there is a way today?

Thankfully, we have this site, and Ilya's work, to do the next best thing.

I'd like to know when Demolition Man might be coming out on Blu-ray. Yes, I know that info is not available. The point is, is there a site where you can put in titles and get notified when they are to be released in Blu-ray, whenever Warner (or whatever studio) makes the announcement?

At Amazon you can't even "almost" do this. You can only preorder items once Amazon announces them. You can't even put in for a notice on something like Master & Commander, which has a release date but Amazon isn't taking preorders on yet. Seems they're missing a bet here, it shouldn't be too hard to automate something like this. Say, once a week have a program search Amazon for the desired products people have signed up for. Or am I missing something and there is a way today?

Thankfully, we have this site, and Ilya's work, to do the next best thing.

Amazon used to have that (maybe still do, but only on certain titles)... "sign up to be notified when this is available for pre-order"...

EDIT - as I scrolled back up and clicked on the Gladiator link in this thread, I see that they still do....

Disney needs to release Nightmare Before Christmas on BluRay ASAP. It isn't even on the current release schedule. Heck, they don't even have it available on DVD right now.

Criterion Launches Blu-ray Support | High-Def Digest

Criterion Launches Blu-ray Support

Thu May 08, 2008 at 01:50 PM ET
Tags: Disc Announcements (all tags)
original.jpeg

The leading distributor of classic cinema on DVD has gone Blu, with the Criterion Collection announcing the release of their first high-def titles beginning in 2008.
Blasting out of the starting gate strong, Criterion has confirmed via their official email newsletter that they have hand-picked over a dozen initial titles to receive the Blu-ray treatment, with the first releases due by the second half of the year.

The thirteen titles confirmed to be a part of Criterion's first Blu-ray wave include: 'The Third Man,' 'Bottle Rocket,' 'Chungking Express,' 'The Man Who Fell to Earth,' 'El Norte,' 'The 400 Blows,' 'Gimme Shelter,' 'The Complete Monterey Pop,' 'Contempt,' 'Walkabout,' 'For All Mankind,' 'The Wages of Fear,' and both stand-alone and deluxe box set editions of 'The Last Emperor.'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)