The little plastic lnb mounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jasontherock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Where can i find the little plastic lnb clamps that are on the end of dish arms?

Not sure if these are the same brackets I got from him last year, but SatelliteAv sells some, too.
The ones I had were the same as what was used on regular dishes, as best I could tell.

I think i will just make my own. Looks like thats what everyone else does. I am not payin 10-20 for a piece of plastic.

You didn't specify which holders for which dish.
But the venerable conduit hanger bracket has come to the rescue of many of us.
The trick is to get the LNB mounted at the correct altitude and angle.
If you do, how you mount it is not so important.

alternate LNB brackets

got a good pic?
Here's one that I did a while back:

Anole pix of Whitesprings on Phase III dish
:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...ofitting-phase-iii-ku-maybe-3.html#post883196
See the thread for more pictures, parts lists, other ideas, and such.

Linuxman used a whole different approach in one of his projects.
You didn't specify the dish nor LNB, so this may or may not be helpful.

Linuxman and dual Sky Mexico LNBs on 87 / 97
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/99108-87w-97w-primestar-84e-multi-lnbf.html

I think i will just make my own. Looks like thats what everyone else does. I am not payin 10-20 for a piece of plastic.

I made one out of a small length of 2x4 using a circle cutter to cut out the circle for the throat (make the circle smaller than the actual throat size so you have some grip ability to hold the LNBF in whatever skew you need), then cut the 2x4 in half so you can put it around your LNBF throat and then screw it down to the dish with 2 long screws. The screws not only secure the LNB to the dish at the focal point area, but hold the two 2x4 halves together.

Had I known about the naked LNB trick at the time, I could probably have cut out the hole in the 2x4 with a large drill bit (since the naked LNB throat is way smaller than a plastic LNB throat). I used a circle cutter and had to attack it from both sides because of my paranoia of cutting into the wood really deep with an offbalance, quality (Craftsman) wood circle cutter. I did about half from one side and turned it over and did the other half from the other side. Worked great and I felt safe while cutting it using a drill press.

I'll have to see if I can snap and post a pic here of that holder setup. Wood works great where I live - the UV is pretty damaging to plastics around here.

check hypermegasat on ebay, I bought some of these, they work well. Anole's condiut clamps are WAY cheaper!

Attachments

• SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    SD-121 Mod1.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 220
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts