The Manhattan DJ

Status
Please reply by conversation.
This picks up C band on the dish I have?
World's first PLL C-band Wideband LNBF
The Titanium Satellite C1W-PLL Wideband LNBF features the simplicity of voltage controlled polarity selection with exceptional performance and stability across the entire international wideband C-band range of 3.4 - 4.2GHz. The C1WPLL is perfect for reliable reception of S2, high FEC and narrow bandwidth satellite transponders.

While the coax cable connection could be facing up or down (no difference for polarity), water is likely to enter the connector if the cable is on the top. It is best if coax cable is facing downward. With KU LNBF cable pointed straight down, this is the 0 degree position. For your area on 97w satellite, standing in below and in front of the LNBF, rotate CCW about 16 degrees. You will observe the Signal Quality reading slowly increase/decrease as the LNBF is rotated. Moving the LNBF forward or away from the reflector in the clamp will also change the Signal Quality reading.

Sorry C-band cannot be received on this small reflector. C-band should have a 10' dish, but smaller is possible with more interference and loss of desirable channels.

I will put some duck tape over the platic protector for the connection! :) I really tried to get the thing to move down a bit and I lost signal, lol It's upside down basicley, I better save my pennies for a C band Dish! :)

I will put some duck tape over the platic protector for the connection! :) I really tried to get the thing to move down a bit and I lost signal, lol It's upside down basicley, I better save my pennies for a C band Dish! :)
I would take Titaniums advice and turn the connection down to keep moisture from entering the compression fitting.If you rotate it 180 degrees your signal will be identical.

Reactions: danristheman
No the orange part should not turn. We are talking about rotating the whole LNBF assembly in the holder.
When you start turning it, yes you will lose signal, but do an exact 180° and your signal will come back exactly like before. ;)

Well make sure to loosen the two screws in the LNBF holder first. :)
A 180 will put the coax connector pointing down.
Ha! Then you can tilt your wire any way you want. :D

Let me add it may not be pointed perfectly straight down to the ground, but it will be oriented more toward the ground.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts