"THE MAPS", Where is the interpretation of what is what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

T4Runner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2010
37.0N 119.5W California
I have my GI DSR922 ready to subscribe, but still may have to change out an LNB yet (too hot, so putting it off). I have my acct at WEBSAMS and I'm getting the channel info individually by channel (no Guide yet).

I have done the OPTIONS, 6, 5 to see how many channels, and it changed this week from 4508 to 4420 to 4479?

I have a total of 38 satellite locations (maps?) currently, if you count P3, P1, P9 as satellite locations?

So my question is where do I find a thread discussing these maps and what they mean?

If you want to look for a thread discussing "maps" do a search from search tab. But, I think you have maps mixed up with the satellite descriptors. The 4DTV uses old obsolete descriptors (names) that can be used for current satellite tiles. Such as X4 or W5 for real satellite AMC18/15 which is at 105W. The 4DTV only has ability to display one letter and one number. Motorola was not interested in updating the old names, and since most folks are familiar with them, I see no point in it either.

The "MAPS" comprise of several tables that tell the 4DTV how to tune to a specific virtual channel on a specific transponder on a specific satellite and such data as polarity, FEC, SR, etc
There are a lot of DCII services that Motorola decided not to include in the "MAPS" so basically they have left out that channel's data from the VCT.

You do not need to worry with maps unless you want to add missing channels, etc via MapMaster, etc. Most satellites do not have any DCII channels (P3, P1, etc) P9 (58W) does have several services however, only DMX audio is "mapped" in... So it is all you will "see" when you go to P9.

If you just want to sub with HITS, as long as you have X4 (c-band) mapped in (which means it shows in your satellite list - it is in your satellite table in the maps) you need to reset EMM to 0 if it is still set to 4096. First, verify DCII lock on X4. Then, Options 6-7-7-8-0 while on X4, EMM Provider=0, then buy package you want and hit box from websams. EMM should then update to 4160. Good luck, and if you have question regarding a specific satellite, post here and I'll try to answer it.
. View attachment 69367
The satellites in blue above have DCII services on them, such as C4, it is the 4DTV name for real satellite "AMC10" at 135W.

Thank you. I appreciate the detailed response. My plan is to drop my Family package Dshnet and pick up the "Pick 10" of actual channels I might watch. With my Openbox S9, I am already getting several channels I never received before.

I do get a lock on X4, and some guide info on some channels, and all of the Music channels 900+, but some of the channels are not found, which makes me think I better go back and fine tune the LNB before I subscribe. For example, I cannot get Westerns West, but do get Westerns East? No BBC America, but get Bravo East? No Turner Classic Movies at all??

Encore channels appears to be half of them received. BUt, ... I may be having a polarity issue. I have the GI DSR922 and my Openbox S9 both connected directly to a dual output LNB with no switches yet. Still in testing mode I guess. I need to compare the channels received with LYNGSAT to see if they are all the same polarity.

Okay, I resolved all of my issues by replacing the LNB with a single I had on hand. Swapped out the LNB and ran ONE coax to the 4DTV GI DSR922 and WALLA! It picked up a excellent signal on all of X4 channels. I inserted a power splitter at the dish and ran the power side to my OPENBOX S9 and it works, but I have to turn the OPENBOX off to get the 922 to work properly. Oh well. Fine for now. But the old dual output LNBF was either defective (only getting one polarity) or I had a power issue with it. Testing will comence later on that one.

Called SRL and subscribed to the PICK 10 PAK ($63.99/3 mos) and am now a happy camper. I have not canceled my Dish Ntwrk subscription yet, but will eventually. I am going to let the OPENBOX drive the dish until I see what my system uses are. I will adjust the 4DTV programming as I watch and choose, but to have a choice! I get to make my own mistakes...

Incidentally, BBC America was on the list for the PICK 10, but did not show on their advertisement flyer page. There is new programming coming up on that channel soon.

Thanks to all for the effort to answer questions that I'm sure are asked over and over again. The GI DSR922 is a great old receiver. My next project will be replacing the battery I already bought the recommended battery and holder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts