The Mentalist

Interesting show. I think we've found the FBI's insider...Alexa Schultz. Was that Red John in the car? I think it was.

tumblr_mbsybjmO9G1roqolbo1_500.jpg

I can't stand the Sunday 10:00 PM timeslot (too late for me) but the show is still drawing more than 10M viewers.

10 p.m.
NBC: "Sunday Night Football" (14.85 million, 9.2/14)
FOX: World Series Game 4 (11.8 million, 7.2/11)
CBS: "The Mentalist" (10.1 million, 6.6/10)
ABC: "666 Park Avenue" (4.8 million, 3.1/5)

Good show...apparently Lisbon now has her Red John in the form of one well-connected Tommy Volker. Elsewhere, it looks like Jane is finally going to meet up with Lorelei next week. We shall see if their meeting leads to his death or his imprisonment.

Great show last night. We gained some insight into Lorelei and, perhaps, Jane planted a few seeds of doubt into her head which may one day lead her to turning on Red John. After all...he very well may have murdered her sister. Anyway, in an angry outburst Lorelei reveals that Jane has met Red John (alias Roy...pronounced Whaa for you Patrick Roy fans) and, in fact, shook his hand. To quote Col. Klink, "Very interesting..." Regardless, I suspect Red John's identity will be revealed only during the series finale. We shall see.

This series has now logged 101 episode and is in syndication so there's no telling how long CBS will keep this show on the air. As long as it's drawing 9-10 million viewers in its Sunday time slot I imagine it will stay there.

Apparently I'm not the only one who is enjoying this season...even with the less-than-prime time slot.

Source

"Speaking of: There’s one broadcast show I want to give a shout-out to that airs against some of these others: CBS’ The Mentalist (12 million, 2.5 demo), which is supposed to air at 10 p.m. but has been getting shoved into primetime’s nether regions thanks to the network’s Sunday football overrun. The Mentalist was on my DVR’s endangered species list. But this season has had, along with a few goofy and by-the-book procedural hours, some stand-out episodes.

Last Sunday’s episode directed by the show’s star Simon Baker was my favorite episode of the show ever. The story had Patrick Jane (Baker) on a road trip with his fugitive ex-lover, trying to convince her to reveal information about a serial killer. The episode broke the show’s usual format, felt soulful and suspenseful and … why, it felt like a cable drama! Since broadcast dramas still do better in the ratings, on average, than cable dramas, you can argue about whether that’s a good or bad thing (and whether, given the growth trends, that’s still going to be the case in a few more years)."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts