The Most Retarded Answer Back Ever?!?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dispatcher_21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Walla Walla,WA
Well, I had it with the pq on DiscoveryHD and wrote to complain about the 3 channels per transponder and this is what they wrote back...and they even refer to me as Ms. Serrano, WTF!!!!

From: dispatcher_21@hotmail.com [mailto:dispatcher_21@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2004 7:16 PM
To: Q&A
Subject: Programming,

Dear Ms. Serrano,

Thank you for your e-mail. Although I do apologize for any inconvenience your current situation may have caused, based on the information provided in your email I am unable to accurately determine the source of your situation via email correspondence. Please call our customer service center at 1-800-333-3474 to speak with a Technical Support Representative regarding your issue. The troubleshooting process is more effective and can diagnose the problem quicker with direct communication over the phone. Once you have dialed the toll-free number, you will need to select the following options to reach the Technical Support Department: 1: English, 1: Current Customer, 3: Technical. If you need further assistance please reply to this correspondence and make sure to include all previous emails so we may assist you promptly.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Havilah S.

DISH Network eCare

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----Original Message-----

Full Name: Serrano

Account Number:

Question: Ever since the Olympics when you put 3 channels per transponder

for HD, the picture quality is not as good as it used to be. Please put

it back to 2 channels per transponder. When you compare HDNet, that is

only 2 channels per transponder to DiscoveryHD, which is 3 channels per

transponder the difference is plain as day. Discovery has artifacts show

up a lot and it has a strobing effect on it constantly. Hopefully you are

not sacrifing quality for quantity because the whole reason for HD is

quality. Trust me, Directv customers are up in arms because they have

shoved 3 channels per transponder and they have downrezzed to 1280x1088

instead of the true 1920x1088 like HD is supposed to be. Its

understandable that with Directv claiming 30 HD channels this fall you

guys are nervous, but trust me, quality will always win over quantity

The answer you wanted ??

Question:
Ever since the Olympics when you put 3 channels per transponder for HD, the picture quality is not as good as it used to be. Please put it back to 2 channels per transponder.
Answer:
Okay, since you asked, we will. I will push the buttons as soon as I'm done typing this response.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

The reason you got this type of reply is the same reason you get them when you 1st call the 800#. It is 1st level service provided by outsourced labor that has no idea of anything technical past their filp card script. So they sent you a "canned" reply and are getting you to call in so you can be escalated to someone in their org that MIGHT be able to help, if not, you will then be forwarded to a real E* tech (maybe). Outsourced CSR callcenters have been the norm in the US for nearly 10 years. You are rarely speaking to the company you THINK you are calling.

sorry but my brother works for a call center for dish, all of the centers you call aside from local retailers or web retailers are all E* employees.

funny, i called to inquire about a billing issue and was told by the CSR (when i inquired about a non-billing issue) that she was not an E* employee and would need to forward my call.

Don't call us, don't e-mail us, don't tell us whats wrong with our equipment or service.
See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil!

Thats the idea I get everytime I call or e-mail Dish, I am getting tired of their lets say below average customer support! When I call Cingular, SBC, hell even Apple computer I get better and more helpful answers.

I really like Dish Network, but their lack of attention or even interest to problems with their equipment/service is putting a cloud over our continued relationship. If they would just fix their problems, answer my e-mails, give me REAL information, and generally act like they give a crap about me their customer I would be very happy with DN.

SimpleSimon said:
I'm thinking that maybe you misunderstood - maybe she said something about, like, "wrong department" in a way that was misundertood.

nope she said " i am NOT a dish network employee"

had same experiences with D* and they now readily admit that they phased in outsourced phone and paper labor, same with dell, hp, ibm, and nearly 75%+ of US companies.

Not necessarily. If you called one of my dispatchers, we would tell you that we're not Dish Network employees. We're not. Dish hired our company to be an RSP for the area. Outsourcing? nope.

I ain't no stinkin Dish employee. They don't sign my checks. They just provide the money for my checks.

Oh, by the way.. that CSR said in long winded terms "what's a transponder?"

All they know about satellites is that it's a big hunk of metal in the sky. You should have emailed a different address. I think it's dishquality@echostar.com

I rarely call Dish, but now I know why I dont.

I wanted to check a couple of receivers to see if the cards were clean (have a couple of mothballed receivers that I use for testing..no not that testing..signal strength and stuf) and thought about selling them (maybe).

I called in and explained I had 2 receivers that I wanted to see if the card had a balance on them because I thought of selling them.
She said, I kid you not, "Why would you want to sell old receivers when people can get new ones that are better?"

I said "because these old ones are as buggy as the new ones." Here is the R# & S #.

bcshields said:
All they know about satellites is that it's a big hunk of metal in the sky.

I wouldn't even go that far. Most of them probably think that the hardware that Dish sells/leases to customers are the satellites.

Bimmerbenz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts