The new bigger DISH 1000

guffy1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Traverse City, MI
Anyone have any idea when this new dish will become available?

Im dying to become a DISH customer, but I cant get a decent signal off of the 129 with the current DISH1000, and Im not interested in a multiple dish setup..

Im in Northern Michigan, where supposedly the current DISH100 should work fine, but it dosent..I wonder if they will upgrade me to the new dish for free when it becomes available?

guffy1 said:
Im in Northern Michigan, where supposedly the current DISH100 should work fine, but it dosent..I wonder if they will upgrade me to the new dish for free when it becomes available?

I'm in SW Michigan- 129 on 1000 often causes me fits. If Dish doesn't figure out TP issues on 129, I may need a bigger 1000 too....

the problem is you guys (at least the first one) are on the edge of the offset footprint of the dying bird sitting at 129.

Once they replace that POS with something else, life will be good.

SimpleSimon said:
the problem is you guys (at least the first one) are on the edge of the offset footprint of the dying bird sitting at 129.

Once they replace that POS with something else, life will be good.

lol....where does 129 really work for anyone? Kansas?

no time yet but the new dish isnt going to do any good. HD is still on 61.5 & 129. The new dish just adds 118.7 for Int'l and some HD LIL (like Detroit, St Louis and a couple more citites)

Iceberg said:
no time yet but the new dish isnt going to do any good. HD is still on 61.5 & 129. The new dish just adds 118.7 for Int'l and some HD LIL (like Detroit, St Louis and a couple more citites)
This thread is about the new dish 1000.2 not the 1000+. The 1000.2 is a bigger redesigned version of the 1000 and does not provide access to the 118.7. See the thread here.

A couple of days ago I called tech support to complain about low signal strength on the 129 with my new 1000 install. I asked the guy about the 1000.2 and he thought I was talking about the 1000+ so he didn't have a clue. If they haven't told the techs about it yet I would say it will be a while before we can get one. The web merchants like Sadoun aren't showing it yet either but are showing the 1000+. I'm going to keep checking there and when it shows up, it should be a week or two after that.

I recently moved (on the same street, to the house next-door), and my 500 (110+119) and 300 (129) was changed to a regular 1000 (110, 119, & 129). I'm in San Antonio, which is near the southern border of the Dish 1000 "area." My 110 and 119 signals are well above 100 and my 129 signalis in the upper 80's.

I had a tech come out this weekend to check my weak signal on the 129. I got lucky and he replaced the 1000 with two 500's, one dedicated to the 129. Better signal strength on all three sat's now. The 129 now has high 60's to high 70's and before the best was high 50's. Not as nice looking (dish) as the 1000 but I'd rather be looking at a viewable picture on my TV.

BTW, the tech had not ever heard of the 1000.2.

jrfuda ,
You are in an ideal location for the 129. Calif, Oregon, Washington and other states to the north all have a problem with this turkey.

Last edited:
Most techs probably havent heard of it yet. They probalby dont hear about it until the retailer orders it, just like the CSR's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)