Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Jim keeps talking about this listener from New York City who keeps tuning in and then dropping off, then tuning back in again...

I think I may have an explanation of what is happening and who it is.

I think it is ME who keeps popping in and out.

Here in Connecticut AT&T has just started adding 4G LTE service. Whenever I am on their new 4G LTE Network it shows me being in New York City, when I am not... I am in Hartford, Connecticut.

It shows me dropping off when I go to a tower where 4G LTE is not activated yet, thus when I am driving I am going from tower to tower, from LTE to non LTE, then back on LTE again... rinse lather and repeat. Another thing when I am driving I get a lot of phone calls, so as I drive I can be tuned in for a moment and then a call and get knocked off the stream. When my call is done it rejoins the stream.

And that I believe is the mystery of the on and off New York City listener. :)

I suppose that's entirely possible, Scott...but is it always near the bottom of the hour?
I usually see "CT" for you no matter whether the phone (quality) feed or the full fidelity one, but anything's possible.
Phones can be nextdoor and show up as halfway across a state or even in another!

Darn! if its true, we really hoped we were being "spied on" for our great programming in NY...(lol)

Yup I drive into work at about 8:25 and depending on traffic get in around 8:40. :)

At the moment I am on the LTE Network litening on the WION app, while my Logitech Squeezebox on my desk is on our wifi network. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)