The next 2 universities being looked at for taking gifts/money: The U and Alabama!

I ran across this this morning. Absolutely classic!

TheU.gif
ROFLMAO!

Like I said, with this ecomomy, what the death penalty did to SMU(and remember, Miami is as small or smaller than SMU was back then) and the fact that Miami, for the most part, has been a well behaved school before all this crap hit the fan....I doubt they will get the death penalty. But I also believe that their penalties will depend on The U's cooperation in the investigation AND how much of this crap is true. From what I have read locally and seen, ALOT could be circumstancial stuff that cannot be proved it involved a player or coach. We shall see....

...but either way, we're in DEEEPPP sh**!
its funny because whenever i mention smu people tell me "WHO?" . thats says it all right there hehe....

Posted August 17, 2011, 6:30 pm MT
McGahee doesn’t want to talk about Hurricanes
By LINDSAY JONES

Broncos running back Willis McGahee doesn't want to talk about the scandal brewing at Miami.

A large crowd of newspaper reporters and TV cameramen followed running back Willis McGahee off the Broncos practice field Wednesday night, all hoping McGahee would have a comment about the allegations made against him by a former University of Miami booster in a story posted yesterday by Yahoo! Sports.

That story, convicted felon Nevin Shapiro, serving a lengthy sentence for his role in a major Ponzi scheme, said that he gave Miami players thousands of dollars of gifts and other benefits, including meals and prostitutes, between 2002-2010. Nevin told Yahoo! that McGahee was the first football player he was assigned to give scholarship money — an above-board program called “living donor.”

McGahee said he didn’t want to talk about anything that happened in Miami. He offered to answer questions about the Broncos, but said he would have no comment about anything regarding the Hurricanes.

Linebacker D.J. Williams also declined comment. Williams also featured in the Yahoo! story, with allegations that the booster helped arrange and pay for a meeting between Williams, Williams’ mother and an NFL agent. The story also included several pictures of Williams partying on Nevin’s yacht while Williams was in college.

McGahee doesn’t want to talk about Hurricanes | First-and-Orange

You know,it's very extreme,but the best way to nip a lot of this in the bud is to see if criminal charges could be filed. Ex Hurricanes who have already graduated & are in the NFL have a "sucks to be you" attitude towards University of Miami. look at Reggie Bush & USC or Terrelle Pryor & Ohio State. Both programs are in shambles,with Miami to join them,& they could care less. If it could be proven that they engaged in any illegal activity & were prosecuted,watch the arrogant smirk come off of their faces then. That goes for former Hurricane players in the NFL also. NCAA sanctions are a joke that former college players(& coaches also) just laugh at.

You know,it's very extreme,but the best way to nip a lot of this in the bud is to see if criminal charges could be filed. Ex Hurricanes who have already graduated & are in the NFL have a "sucks to be you" attitude towards University of Miami. look at Reggie Bush & USC or Terrelle Pryor & Ohio State. Both programs are in shambles,with Miami to join them,& they could care less. If it could be proven that they engaged in any illegal activity & were prosecuted,watch the arrogant smirk come off of their faces then. That goes for former Hurricane players in the NFL also. NCAA sanctions are a joke that former college players(& coaches also) just laugh at.

What kind of charges you ask? Tax evasion for not reporting certain gifts come to mind.

Well due to the nature of WHERE the little napolean scumbag got his money, those player, are liable to return that money. I am not a lawyer but that is what was being mentioned this morning.

I'm still a fan of Ohio State. I was just saying that Miami's penalty could be way more harsh. Some are even talking about "death penalties". What if they're entire season is whipped out? How could you root for a team who doesn't play?

Please watch where you are "whipping it out"!! :eek:

I'm still a fan of Ohio State. I was just saying that Miami's penalty could be way more harsh. Some are even talking about "death penalties". What if they're entire season is whipped out? How could you root for a team who doesn't play?

Tell me....when you had no Cleveland Browns for those years they moved to Baltimore...were you gonna not root for the NEW Cleveland Browns just because they were not gonna be competitive?

Former Miami players now with Broncos refuse to talk about scandal
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post
POSTED: 08/17/2011 07:03:05 PM MDT
UPDATED: 08/18/2011 06:06:08 AM MDT

The newest scandal to hit the University of Miami's football program was the talk of sports fans Wednesday, but mum was the word among former Hurricanes who play for the Broncos.

Running back Willis McGahee, offensive tackle Orlando Franklin and linebacker D.J. Williams were named in a Yahoo Sports investigation that chronicled former Miami booster Nevin Shapiro's allegations that he gave millions of dollars in cash and other illicit benefits to more than 70 Hurricanes players during a span of eight years.

Shapiro was convicted in a $930 million Ponzi scheme and is serving his sentence in a federal prison in Atlanta.

Franklin and Williams declined comment after the Broncos' practice Wednesday. McGahee simply said, "You want to talk about the Broncos?"

Asked if he wanted to respond to the Yahoo Sports report, McGahee said: "I ain't talking about Miami. I'm out of Miami."

According to Yahoo Sports, McGahee was the first Hurricanes player Shapiro had an extensive association with.

Also according to Yahoo Sports, Shapiro offered to pay $5,000 to a Hurricanes player if he knocked Tim Tebow, Florida's quarterback at the time, out of a game. Tebow went straight to the Broncos' weight room after practice and wasn't available for comment.

"I'm aware of the report," coach John Fox said, "but my focus is on the Broncos."

Read more: Former Miami players now with Broncos refuse to talk about scandal - The Denver Post Former Miami players now with Broncos refuse to talk about scandal - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post

I was in the same situation a few years ago with Bama. We came as close as anyone has come to getting the Death Penalty without actually getting it. Multiple years of probation, scholarship reductions, post season bans.
We survived, came back, and recently won the NC.

It will hurt, especially the seasons where you are good but cant play in a bowl (Auburn knows about this too, undefeated with no bowl one year), but I still watched every game I could, listened to those not on tv, and yelled just as hard as I would have had things been business as usual.

As for getting the death penalty, id still be a Bama fan, although Id have to obviously find someone else to be my "team" for the seasons that we dont play. I assume id live vicariously through the SEC (I know you guys love that :D ).
When they started playing again, id be just as big of a fan as I was before (as remained during the off years).

To a true fan, being down is not a deal breaker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)