The next time someone says streaming price increases will……

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
overtake Traditional Providers, show them this-

With this price of TV service will go up around $6 per month for your TV package. You will also see about $4 price hike on Comcast’s broadcast TV fees. Regional sports fees will also go up about $1 a month. Bundles of premium channels will see prices go up between $2 and $4 a month, depending on what package you pick.

Depending on what package you have you could see your TV bills go up by as much as $15 a month.

Then we have the 2 a year increases that DirecTV, Charter/Spectrum and Comcast have, the gap is not shrinking, it is getting bigger between streaming and Traditional.

When you can the vast majority of what is on Paid Live TV, HBO, Showtime, streaming shows, other exclusives, no commercials, 4K, etc for under $80, the average Paid Live TV monthly bill is about $130 (including fees) without HBO/Showtime, that is more then a $50 difference, which is getting bigger.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
You know with the writers/actors strike that ended this last fall , I learned to watch different things and movies and do different things. I learned that Network TV was what I have always watched more of anyway. I have that covered with my ota antenna and my TABLO ota Dvr and it can record all 4 networks at the same time.

I detested the reality TV and the game shows that they filled the screen from the networks since last Fall. I have Sling TV blue pack for any cable channels I have to have and can cut out packs I don't need. But with streaming apps, I can hit an app for a show I really want to watch and then dump it as soon as it's over. I don't need to be subscribed to them all at the same time. So my TV bill has gone way lower than before with satellite. It is no longer a priority like it was in the 90s and 2000s. :smug