The NL West is a disgrace

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
When was the last time a team three games under 500 was still leading a division? I proposed that those 4 teams be disregarded and whoemever comes out with the best record should go to the playoffs. What a disgrace?

Sean Mota said:
When was the last time a team three games under 500 was still leading a division? I proposed that those 4 teams be disregarded and whoemever comes out with the best record should go to the playoffs. What a disgrace?

Ugh!!! And my Cubs lost three of four to the DBacks. Pathetic!!

Sean Mota said:

How about my Reds putting a royal butt whooping on them Pardres?

Diamond Jim said:
In 1973 the New York Mets won the NL Eastern Division 3 over .500 (82-79). They killed the Reds (99-63) in the palyoffs and took the Athletics (94-68) to 7 games before loosing.

Yeah, that was the series when Rose kicked the crap out of Buddy Harrelson.

ramy said:
Yeah, that was the series when Rose kicked the crap out of Buddy Harrelson.

Yeah, that was one of the all time great baseball fights. They had to bring the Reds pitchers in from the bullpen and their wives onto the playing field for their own safety. Only in New York.

I lost $50 big ones on that one. Bet a Met fan that the Reds would sweep three straight. Johnny Bench bailed me out in game 1 with a game winner in the bottom of the 9th and it was down hill from there.

You guys in the NL West took Chan Ho Park from us and gave us Phil Nevin. Another I don't know why from the Rangers GM. We need pitching badly, not another 1st baseman.

That was a strange trade. Texas has Teixeira at first so I don't know why they would want Nevin. Texas just wanted to get rid of Chan Ho Park and the Padres wanted to get rid of Nevin. :confused:

Yes, the NL West sucks but I don't think that the winner of the division will end up with a .500 record. It's been proven that the hottest team in September and October wins it all. The regular season record doesn't count once you are in the playoffs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)