THE OFFICAL ANYTHING ABOUT FOXHD THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dturturro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
According to the D* web guide, channels 86/87 come online Tuesday. It shows after Baseball what you'd expect from Fox E/W. Does this mean FOX-HD is staying on 24/7? If so, any idea what this means for TNT-HD? Or why 84/85 were skipped over?

They appear to MLB only based upon the guide data on the D* website. 84/ 85 are probably for ABC when that is added ... no idea on TNT.

slacker9876 said:
They appear to MLB only based upon the guide data on the D* website.

what do you mean.. the guide info mirrors that of 388/389 including all Fox programming... why would you think its for baseball only?

Uh really? I just looked at the D* website again and it shows MLB Baseball from launch through the 22nd. The channels have not even appeared on my receivers yet...

I just got off the phone again with D about Fox HD and they said I was in an O&O area but I still needed to get a wavier and I said so ever-one who is in an O&O area has to have a wavier? She said yes they do that includes NY n La. LOL, so no one will be getting that channel tomorrow unless you got your wavier. :D

I have not had to get waivers for either CBS or NBC so I am hoping the same stays true for Fox (and ABC).

Anyway I am glad to get Fox tomorrow. I still don't understand what happened to TNT-HD, its been a very silent topic lately.

LOBO2999 said:
I just got off the phone again with D about Fox HD and they said I was in an O&O area but I still needed to get a wavier and I said so ever-one who is in an O&O area has to have a wavier? She said yes they do that includes NY n La. LOL, so no one will be getting that channel tomorrow unless you got your wavier. :D

Here we go again...........maybe when I call (if it doesn't show up) I'll get lucky & they'll flip all the switches :yes . My local FOX station is O&O, has the "splicer" from FOX but will not update their tower or broadcast power (right now 800 watts) till next summer.

Both CSR's I have spoken with have no idea that Fox HD begins tomorrow. They try and tell me that they think it is a test channel. I then tell them no, that it will be showing the MLB and have to explain to them how to use the D* program guide on the website. The CSR has no idea whether or not you need a waiver and said to call back tomorrow if I see the channels in my guide and then see what I need to do. She told me this after speaking with her supervisor who also had no idea that Fox HD would begin tomorrow. They must not inform these people of anything.

Waivers will not be necessary for O&O. The same holds true for when CBS was added back in Feb and NBC when it was added last month. Or was that 2 months ago.

If you are in O&O you should automatically get it.

if you are in a overlapping coverage area, like many far west Chicago suburbs, then it seems that a waiver is required.

I'm in a O&O market, but since I "could" get it from a station in Rockford then I have to get waivers

riggscm said:
if you are in a overlapping coverage area, like many far west Chicago suburbs, then it seems that a waiver is required.

I'm in a O&O market, but since I "could" get it from a station in Rockford then I have to get waivers

Same here....Live in RI and watch my local NBC which is O&O. BUT because I can barely pull in a Boston non-O&O NBC I need to ask them for a waiver. Crazy, stupid rules.
:confused:

Does anyone have a list of all the owned and operated stations for Fox, NBC, CBS, and ABC?

Thanks!

Nevermind. I found them. Here are the Fox ones if you are interested:

FOX OWNED-AND-OPERATED TELEVISION STATIONS
Current Owned & Operated Stations
Current Owned &
Operated Stations Market Rank

New York WNYW-5
WWOR-TV-9 1

Los Angeles KTTV-11
KCOP-13 2

Chicago WFLD-32
WPWR-TV-50 3

Philadelphia WTXF-TV-29 4

Boston WFXT-25 6

Dallas
KDFW-4
KDFI-27 7

Washington, DC
WTTG-5
WDCA-20 8

Atlanta WAGA-5 9

Detroit WJBK-2 10

Houston
KRIV-26
KTXH-20 11

Tampa WTVT-13 13

Minneapolis
KSMP-TV-9
WFTC-29 14

Cleveland WJW-8 15

Phoenix KSAZ-TV-10
KUTP-45 16

Denver KDVR-31 18

Orlando WOFL-35
WRBW-65 20

St. Louis KTVI-2 22

Baltimore WUTB-24 24

Milwaukee WITI-6 31

Kansas City WDAF-TV-4 33

Salt Lake City KSTU-13 36

Birmingham WBRC-6 40

Memphis WHBQ-TV-13 43

Greensboro WGHP-8 46

Austin
KTBC-7
KVC-13 54

Gainesville WOGX-51 162

Total Combined U.S. Coverage is 44.704%
(coverage is 38.063% under FCC regulations)

the-sloth said:
what do you mean.. the guide info mirrors that of 388/389 including all Fox programming... why would you think its for baseball only?

On a quick flip it was all baseball, I changed the times and sure enough .....

Fox is my only full power OTA, I pull it pristinely from 45.2 miles :)

On the issue of O&O......here in Austin, Texas I got the black screen on the CBS-HD feed from NY (back in Jan?), called the number on the screen, & she just turned it on. But at the AVS Local HD forum for Austin, Tx, folks here are being denied now for the CBS-HD feed (our local CBS is O&O) due to Grade-B from San Antonio which is 80 miles away (in my zip-code).
You would think D* would verify your O&O & just turn it on (if you have the right subscriptions) due to complaints & wanting new & old customers.
Just because its O&O, doesn't mean you get it. Must need a waver from the non-local afiliate (sp?). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Barney

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)