The Offical battery 4Dtv replacement thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why couldn't you go to Rat Shack and get a couple of two AA or AAA battery holders. ...

Greg, I had the same thought... main reason is due to corrosion on the terminals which would cause a major headache - as well as creating a new boat anchor...

LoneWolf, if memory serves on Li batteries, they hold a voltage until their demise and the voltage drop is sudden.

Here is discharge plot for Li-Ion battery 1580 mAh at 300 mA; you 'll have same V curve for 920 receiver but much longer as the current will be a few mA.

Attachments

• Li-Ion.bmp
    217.5 KB · Views: 135
Here is discharge plot for Li-Ion battery 1580 mAh at 300 mA; you 'll have same V curve for 920 receiver but much longer as the current will be a few mA.

These are Lithium batteries not Lithium Ion. Unless you used some fancy external charging setup a Li-Ion battery wouldn't do any good for this issue.

Care to explain your last passage ?

Do you know what is the 920's discharging current ?

BTW, the plot I did on Maccor station for Sony Li-Ion cell.

If you have some knowledge, the post didn't tell me that.

I believe I just successfully changed the battery in my 922. :rainbow
I'll probably know for sure tomorrow, but the new battery is in and I measured 3.58 volts on the old battery stumps ( I didn't desolder them).
I turned it on and the old ID numbers and such are still there.

I got a little worried when my mboard didn't look like the photos on the help page, but then I realized I was looking at a picture of a 920 and mines a 922.

The hardest part was finding the right Torx bits in my tools

PS
The old Varta battery measures 3.31 volts

Last edited:
Did the battery swap work out for you lonewolf85?

Yes it did I replaced the battery in one of my units. It was such a nerve racking experence that I decided that I was in no hurry to replace the battery in the other units LOL. I check the voltage of the batteries in the other units and they all read at or above 3.6 volts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)