The Official Computer Memory Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
dfergie said:
everyone knocks tigerdirect... but I have always gotten good service from them...
same here... I ordered a 250gb HDD and 120DVD+Rs about 2 weeks ago and when the shipment was delayed a day they overnighted everything to me... without me requesting.

dfergie said:
everyone knocks tigerdirect... but I have always gotten good service from them...
It's not the quality or service that sucks, it's the rebates. TD was (still is?) notorious for having absolutely horrendous rebate processing. Rebates would often come up "lost", invalidated for nonsense reasons, or simply not fulfilled. That is a reason why TD got the bad reputation.

Some good discussion here. I wondered what it might generate.

crucial.com and newegg.com those are the only places I ever consider buying memory...

My last two purchases were 1Gb (2x 512mb) PC3200 Mushkin memory, one for my laptop, one for my desktop... laptop was $110, and desktop was $80

These are both from Newegg..

I have delt with a number of vendors on Pricewatch, and been burned too many times..

Newegg's ResellerRating is stellar, and is always my first choice.

I should point out that some of you mention pricewatch as a vendor, when its just a list of shady vendors, with a few decent ones mixed in...

Amazon.com

The shipping is free.

You can always get a better deal at the Marktplace, when you click on "Buy New or Used." The shipping is not free, but is is reasonable. I usually beat regular Amazon by about 30% or TigerDirect by about 40%. It is especially good for laptop memory.

I am partial to Micron memory, so I go to Crucial.com (owned by Micron) for my memory. Excellent service, reliable stuff!

As for me, I usually buy all Dell upgrades from Dell directly. Saving a few bucks is not worth my time... ;)
When something breaks down the road and I call Dell for immediate service, I don't want any fingerpointing, if you know what I mean... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.