The Olympic Showcase Not on 811's

Just got off the phone with Dish tech support, they said the reason that we won't be getting the first interactive TV picture-in-picture application in the United States created exclusively for DISH Network customers, is that they haven't downloaded "all" of the software for the interactive to work properly. So when I asked "when", I got, "in the future" - sounds like them doesn't it?
Then I continued my rant about how this was more of the incomplete product that they were charging us full price each month, so she offered and I accepted a... one time, $10 rebate.

And if you have a 921 don't think you're off the hook - it won't be getting the interactive showcase either.

Regards

Yeah, The silly little games don't work yet either. Note: No seems to have noticed :D wonder why? :shocked

I'd rather have the 10 dollars then that crappy interactive stuff :D

On the plus side, We get extra HD channels for the Olympics, this makes me happy :yes

OdiOdin said:
HD coverage will be located on Channel 148 and Channel 9425. The coverage will be available to customers who live within authorized areas, and also have a DISH 811, DISH Player - DVR 921, Model 6000u or a Model 6000 receiver with the HD enhanced adapter and a DISH 500 antenna.

Check availability here:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/hdtv/olympics/index.shtml

Got Channel 148? :yes

Are you saying that you see channel 148 in your guide right now?

Actually, it appears that it is channel 147 despite what Dish has posted on their site. Channel 9425 hasn't been activated yet (as of an hour ago anyway), but Scott says it will go live tonight.

Channel 147 is just a promo channel. 148 will have the HD coverage mirrored to 9425. I've heard they won't be active until just before coverage begins tonight.

Channel 147 is the Olympics Highlight Channel and has nothing to do with the HD channel. Channels 148 and 9425 are the HD channels. I was asking OdiOdin if he is actually seeing 148 because he says "Got Channel 148? :yes "

No actually, but Nashville, TN is on the list. So, If it isn't on by 7:00c then i'll be very cranky. :yes

They are supposed to turn it on only a few minutes before the opening ceremonies is broadcast.

OdiOdin said:
They are supposed to turn it on only a few minutes before the opening ceremonies is broadcast.

Yep, Instead of having a test pattern running for a few days so a lot of people wounldn't realize in advance that they were not getting the channels and then would have ample time to make some complaining calls!

Dish Olympic HD Channel

When I called the dish troubleshooting line, they had a message saying the Olympic HD channels (148 & 9425) won't be live until 1:00 AM tomorrow (Aug 14).

I have noticed that 9424 (ESPN-HD) is missing on the satellite. I suspect they are reconfiguring.

charper1 said:
Yep, Instead of having a test pattern running for a few days so a lot of people wounldn't realize in advance that they were not getting the channels and then would have ample time to make some complaining calls!

That sounds logical, but Charlie will state that the test pattern would not be compelling.

lnyoung said:
When I called the dish troubleshooting line, they had a message saying the Olympic HD channels (148 & 9425) won't be live until 1:00 AM tomorrow (Aug 14). I have noticed that 9424 (ESPN-HD) is missing on the satellite. I suspect they are reconfiguring.

ESPN-HD is on i watched Sport Center. Have you rechecked or made sure you haven't blocked it or removed it from favs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts