The Orville on Hulu

Both links point to the same article.

The article didn't seem to dislike it for its stance against social media, but that it didn't do enough. I agree though that the title is misleading.

I finally got around to the Majority Rules episode and laughed several times at the thinly-veiled references to "mob rules" democracy. The solution of Issac being able to "Fake News" the election results was a little too predictable, but still...

Tonight's episode was also good. The show needs to not be so obvious with, what's the term? "Chekov's gun?" We'll mention the water-born toxin, and minutes later, one of the boys falls in the water and exposes himself to the aforementioned plot complication.

Reactions: TheKrell
renewed for season 2

HUZZAH! :D

So CBS renewed Discovery after 6 episodes aired. It took FOX a little longer, waiting for 7 episodes before issuing the Orville's renewal.

Personally, I still think the only reasons CBS renewed Discovery first were because A) they wanted to beat FOX to the punch when it came to the renewal, and B) they didn't want to cancel it since it would look extremely bad on their part for axing a show that cost almost $130 million to produce, despite Netflix covering the majority of the amount.

But really. Even comparing Episode 7 of Discovery to Episode 8 of The Orville. Discovery has rap music. The Orville plays a song from Barry Manilow. That pretty much says it all right there. Two completely different shows aimed at two completely different audiences: one aiming to be dark, depressing and sexed-up for 18-29 year-olds; the other brightly-lit, fun and family-oriented, aimed at the older Star Trek audiences of the 1990s.

Seth deserves a round of applause for what he's done. The Orville is Star Trek. This is the official Star Trek series we've been waiting for ever since Enterprise was cancelled. I hope it gets a very long run and the ratings continue to hold up. That'll show Moonves a thing or two, and how he's completely out of touch with his target audience. Then again, you can talk to a wall all you want, it'll never listen.

Last edited:
We just caught up to the latest episode. So far my favorite is the Majority Rules one. John at the end cracks me up!

“You all can suck @$$, I am a spaceman!”

My wife likes the practical joke of the leg amputation.

Reactions: gasman882001
Nine episodes. It took just 9 episodes people. And then we got an epic space fleet battle. :D

Compare that to Dark Matter, where it took 39 episodes to get to a fleet battle due to saving money on the visual effects budget.

This most recent episode "Cupid's Dagger" was by far my least favorite so far. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't really enjoy it. That is a first as I have absolutely enjoyed the rest.

HUZZAH! :D

Seth deserves a round of applause for what he's done. The Orville is Star Trek. This is the official Star Trek series we've been waiting for ever since Enterprise was cancelled. I hope it gets a very long run and the ratings continue to hold up. That'll show Moonves a thing or two, and how he's completely out of touch with his target audience. Then again, you can talk to a wall all you want, it'll never listen.

N A I L E D It! Each episode I watch that is my conclusion. Bet he will do a direct homage to Trek eventually.. something like a Trouble with Tribbles episode... or slip in a little Klingon reference..
(I'm waiting for Peter or Brian to make a reference to the show.......)

Reactions: DialgaChampion
What were the TOS & TNG episodes where the crew starts acting strangely because something that they touched & then passed on to others by touch caused them all to act out of character(Sulu running around with a sword like a musketeer)?

This most recent episode "Cupid's Dagger" was by far my least favorite so far.

Every series has its ups and downs. It wasn't the best episode, but I did appreciate the fleet battle at the end of it.

After tomorrow's new episode (11/16), The Orville returns on Thursday Nov. 30 for the final 3 episodes of the season.

Every series has its ups and downs. It wasn't the best episode, but I did appreciate the fleet battle at the end of it.

After tomorrow's new episode (11/16), The Orville returns on Thursday Nov. 30 for the final 3 episodes of the season.
No doubt. Just giving my opinion. I didn't realize that they had only ordered a "half" season. So there are no spring episodes? That is disappointing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)