The Orville on Hulu

This most recent episode "Cupid's Dagger" was by far my least favorite so far. I didn't hate it, but I also didn't really enjoy it. That is a first as I have absolutely enjoyed the rest.

Agreed. Pheromones are so species specific, it's very hard to swallow that they would have such an effect on humans or the other species in this show.

My take was that other species that worked with the RobLoweians (I don't recall their actual species name) would have noted that orgies break out periodically around them. Even if the RobLoweians didn't think it was a big deal, others probably would have noticed...

That wasn't a good episode in my estimation, for the same reason: it's highly implausible that a species that evolved on another planet would have any pheromones that would affect human at all.
Unless they have a common ancestor..dont you watch ancient aliens?

That wasn't a good episode in my estimation, for the same reason: it's highly implausible that a species that evolved on another planet would have any pheromones that would affect human at all.

Go back to studying ST history. ALL humanoid species in the ST universe are descended from a SINGLE race, as they were all SEEDED from a master race. Human history

Come on man. It was her tears that caused a biochemical reaction.
Elaan of Troyius (episode)
Petri will recover, but he renounces his mission and wants absolutely nothing further to do with Kirk. On top of everything else, the Federation High Commissioner is on his way to Troyius for the wedding. Asked by Nurse Chapel why any man would want an Elasian bride if they act like this, Petri explains that it is biochemical: any man whose skin is touched by the tears of an Elasian woman immediately falls in love with her – forever.

Go back to studying ST history. ALL humanoid species in the ST universe are descended from a SINGLE race, as they were all SEEDED from a master race. Human history

Yeah, I do remember that one (The Chase?) and it was a good episode other than the length of time and evolution that allows species to diverge, thereby making pheromones ineffective. Note that's not a quarrel I have with that episode, but the others including TOS and the recent Orville episode.

I really enjoyed tonight's episode, though it would have made a better episode to air Halloween week. And how about Alara's parents? :D

Reactions: TheKrell
I really enjoyed tonight's episode, though it would have made a better episode to air Halloween week. And how about Alara's parents? :D

That's it, I'm sold. Robert Picardo, AKA The Doctor on Star Trek Voyager, AKA Woolsey on Stargate.

If Orville isn't Star Trek, I don't know what is. The fact he's still acting 20+ years later and that he's on this show... Eat it Kurtzman. Eat. It.

I think this was Episode 11 which was so chopped up on my Dish Network receiver (recording OTA) that I could barely figure out what was going on. The signal loss has not happened to me before on my local Fox channel, so I'm nonplussed. Indeed, it should have been aired Halloween week. :)

Anyhow, is there any place else I can watch this episode, uncut? :crying I tried searching for "Orville" on my receiver this afternoon, and nothing popped up for next week.

In a week, it should fall off the DVR and show up in "On Demand" in the list of Episodes for "The Orville". Or, load the Fox App for Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, etc.

In a week, it should fall off the DVR and show up in "On Demand" in the list of Episodes for "The Orville". Or, load the Fox App for Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, etc.

Thanks Foxbat. It already shows up on demand, but alas, I would have to resub to locals via DIsh at $10/mo to stream them. :(

I'll see what I can see on the Fox App for my Roku.

I think this was Episode 11 which was so chopped up on my Dish Network receiver (recording OTA) that I could barely figure out what was going on. The signal loss has not happened to me before on my local Fox channel, so I'm nonplussed. Indeed, it should have been aired Halloween week. :)

Anyhow, is there any place else I can watch this episode, uncut? :crying I tried searching for "Orville" on my receiver this afternoon, and nothing popped up for next week.
Roku..on the fox now ap..uses dish credentials

Just add the locals, stream it, and then remove them. Net cost: $0

Or does that only work with Flex Pack?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)