The Orville on Hulu

Huh. Your memory is better than mine. But we're both misspelling "Phlox". :) The Denobulan.
Hey, you started it. I was just following your lead. :p

Also, I've been watching All Star Trek on H&I almost daily, so many of these episodes are fresh in my mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks, I knew it was on the Enterprise, but it was a question of which Time? ;)

I also remember the Trill from Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. The episode on ST:tNG where Doctor Crusher had a romance with a Trill and couldn't handle it when the Trill transferred to a different body was at the essence of "Love is Love is Love": are you in Love with the spirit/soul, or with the physical container of that soul? (I guess I read enough Heinlein at an early enough age to "grok" what the writers wanted to convey in that episode.)
In my opinion, that episode was one of the worst episodes they did ...

In my opinion, that episode was one of the worst episodes they did ...
Even worse than the "Q" episodes? Or the "Naked Now" episode from season one? Or any early "Wesley the Wonderkid Saves the Enterprise (again)" episode?
:D

Regarding my memory, once dare2be kicked the right neurons by mentioning Trip's name, I recalled the episode.

Or any early "Wesley the Wonderkid Saves the Enterprise (again)" episode?

I have to admit, those episodes were pretty ridiculous. There was one, however, prominently featuring Wesley, that was one of my favorites: Remember Me. Superbly well done IMHO. They had me going until they started switching back to regular space from Crusher's warp bubble universe.

Reactions: Foxbat
I think he'd be a good addition. He's actually a good actor now.

What sucked for him, is that the character and writing for the character in TNG was pure crap. That was a no win situation for an child actor.

Wesley was PURE Gene Roddenberry all the way. HE wrote that character and insisted he be in it. Wesley is one of the biggest reason Gene was finally completely shut out of ALL TNG decisions. That's why the first two seasons mostly SUCKED.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-new-documentary-shows-how-gene-roddenberry-almost-kil-1721153875

See the documentary from William Shatner called "Chaos on the Bridge". It's an eye-opener.

Last edited:
Wesley was PURE Gene Roddenberry all the way. HE wrote that character and insisted he be in it. Wesley is one of the biggest reason Gene was finally completely shut out of ALL TNG decisions. That's why the first two seasons mostly SUCKED.
I agree, Roddenberry was also why the first movie was boring, and the Khan was so great (he was shut out of that one).

Star Trek was best when Roddenberry wasn't involved.

Reactions: primestar31

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts